blueberry seeds?

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

I posted this in the seed saving forum and haven't gotten a response so far so I thought I'd might try here. This is my post:

Hello! I'm trying to get seeds from lowbush blueberries for someone who wants them. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what to do and I want to make sure I do this right. I've been drying the blueberries and they are quite small and wrinkled now. I've opened one of them up. I see what looks like very small seeds. Little brown things packed into them. How do I successfully take out the seeds and prepare them so that I can send them to this person? Is there a good way to take them out of the blueberries? Is it all seed in there? I obviously don't know what I'm doing and could really appreciate your knowledge on this..... Thankyou for your time! Andrea

Orlando, FL

Do you have bushes ? Well, if so its better to just root some from the tops. Fran

Cincinnati, OH

The seeds are like dust. There is a good article in the current issuse of NARGS Quarterly. They need 100% humidity. With air circulation the seedlings dry out. Without it they mold. A tiny puncture is the best.
Every seedling will be a little different.
Sendone2her's cutting suggestion is more practicle. You know exactly what you are getting.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.