I'm on an adventure!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm so excited!!

We're going to Harpers tomorrow to order my garden benches!!

I can hardly stand it!! Thank you to everyone who suggested what a cool place this was. I googled it, and didn't find it. I searched our Mid-Atlantic forum, and there it was. I'm drooling over the benches with the backs for my garden since I followed the link to their site. It's a quick trip-- about three hours.

http://www.harperslawnornaments.com/index.php,

Thank you wise ones!

I'll let you know what we ordered!

Blessings on your garden,
Elf

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Elf, you're going to love the place!! Make sure if you see Dale (one of the owners) that you tell him you found out about him at DG! He was quite pleased with the "tour" I posted here after our visit last fall. We're going back the end of this month for their Open House and I can hardly wait :)

Debbie

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow!!! What a wonderful day!!

I bought a bunch of stuff for my maze.

As soon as it's light, I'll try for some pics.

I'm so grateful for all of you for finding this cool place. We had sooooo much fun-- not only the amazing things that they have at Harpers, but the prices, and the ideas!! Wow! They have such wonderful displays! I'm so inspired!

I want a pond! They told me-- plastic liner. Never do those pre-made things!

I'm going back for the August 24-26 for their sale and auction to order and pick up the rest of my benches and my table. I have to bring a pallet jacl its so heavy!

Debbie-- I met Dale and told him about Dave's. He saw your post. Very cool!! He loves it.

I found out about the finishes: I love that gray antique look. No crackling is used, even though it looks like they did.

They take asphalt sealer and delute it 5 water to 1 sealer. Can you believe that! Then they dip the piece and whipe the excess. Then use a concrete sealer. You can save LOTS by buying without a finish and doing it yourself-- and it;s so much fun!

I love it when we share our finds on the cost! Thank you, thank you!!

Best to all!
Elf

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Elf I just knew you'd love it! Now I REALLY can't wait for the Open House - it was November when we last visited and pretty darned chilly - I'm thinking those water features are going to look alot nicer without the ice LOL! Can't wait to see some pics.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ooh! I've been wanting to go there since Hart mentioned the place... now I want to go even more!

"Spill" about their Open House... big sale event??

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Critter, I think Debbie posted the info on the open house in another thread.

There's a little bit of info here. I can't copy and paste it because it's pdf.
http://clients.ebluekey.com/files/21_calendarofevents07.pdf

Lastelf, I can't wait to see your photos. Isn't Harper's fun?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks! Sorry for my confusion... somehow I thought the open house event was in November, LOL.

That sounds like a great weekend to be there. But we'll miss it this year. Our brand new niece is getting baptized that Sunday up in Pittsburgh! I'll probably hop a bus earlier in the week and spend some time with the kids (it's their last week of summer vacation), and then Jim will pop up for the weekend, and we'll drive back together. So I'll be playing and having fun too... but I won't come home with garden ornaments! (well, probably not... you never know, I suppose.)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Elf, still waiting for pictures??? counting the days until this weekend for the Open House, thinking I'm going to get an early start and be there bright and early Friday morning - I can't wait!

Critter, here's the link to the hours for the Open House http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=3808503

This message was edited Aug 21, 2007 5:19 AM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I'm afraid I won't be seeing y'all there, though... We have a new niece to baptize that weekend! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.