View from The Left Seat-Not Actually Gardening Related, But

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Woooohoooo! I started private pilot flight training today! After 25 years of being on the "some day" list, it's finally happening!

This is the view at 2,000 ft above ground level (or 8,500 feet above sea level) - Glorious! In the garden and in the air, one can actually believe that miracles occur!

Thumbnail by kmom246
Libby, MT(Zone 4b)

Kmom,
That is so neat, its nice when we can accomplish our dreams no matter how long it takes.

My hubby has his pilots license, I remember the first time I went flying with him, it scared the heck out of me because small planes seem so wobbly compared to the commercial planes. Have fun, DM

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Congratulations kmom! DH and I have been discussing the convenience of learning to fly and purchasing a plane. My father and I used to fly together when I was in college. He was a WWII pilot. I loved it until our engine blew up on us on approach to the Enid, Okla. airport. No one was injured thanks to my dad's war experience. I was traumatized for years by the fear, but am kind of up for it now. There used to be a small airline that flew people from Albuquerque to Los Alamos in 11 person jets. It was kind of fun but not for the faint of heart.
I can see how you might really benefit from flying from your area to the Bay Area for work. Los Alamos National Laboratory has a lot of employees who fly in from Albuquerque to work here every day.
Maybe hubby and I will do it some day.

Denver, CO

Congrats, and Beautiful!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you! This is pretty much guaranteeing that I will not be able to retire early :-) And it will be a while before I am ready for the challenge of flying up and over the Sierra Nevadas... but ooooooh. It is worth it. I guess it was a natural progression of our family's love of anything with an engine... dirt bikes, ATVs, boats, muscle cars, boats, trains... planes! Take care everyone.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

kmom, how cooal, and congrats to you. I've always had a desire to jump out of that perfectly good airplane. With a chute on, of course!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.