Time for that rain dance again!!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Fired up the woodstove last night just to take the chill off. Rained all day, but only soaked into the ground about a half inch. Woke up this morning to heavy rain.
Who was out there rain dancing naked? That sure did the trick!

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

had 2.5 inches here and it's still coming down!!

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

It must be my fault! ;) Our sandy soil was like dust so I watered thoroughly Saturday and left the van window open! Steady gentle rain started in the middle of the night and still hasn't quit - looks like it's going to keep coming all week on the weather maps.

This message was edited Aug 20, 2007 7:51 AM

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

It's raining! It's raining! It's finally freeking RAINING!
And it's COLD....but I don't care because, IT'S RAINING!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

loon ,still no rain for your area? on the radar this morning it looked like it was raining everywhere in michigan i dont think it has stopped raining here for three day. started friday night and still raining on monday morning. the flowers are drowning and our little pond in the back yard is under a flood watch oh well the birds look really happy. i bet it is raining all over and we are all smiling very big. Ronna

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I had to go to town today and one house was watering the lawn. hahaha someone forgot to turn off the auto sprinklers. The yard is now a pond. One extreme to the next.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes, we're getting a little rain. We've not had anything like others of you have had. No one or two inches of rain. It's more of a drizzle with intermittant rain now and then. Things are looking a little greener. It is chilly. I don't mind though. I just hope we haven't seen the last of summer already. I wouldn't mind a cool to warm autumn. I just don't want to go from summer to winter.

I also watered a lot of Saturday. I figure if I watered it would rain and it did. :) I have out of state company coming next weekend so I hope it warms up enough we can take them out on the boat fishing.

I think I'll shred up some zucchini and bake some bread to warm up the house a bit. I plan to use the gazillion tomatoes I have to make a big pot of homemade chile and freeze it.

I think we can hold off on the rain dance for a while. Thanks to all who participated..........especially those of you who danced in their birthday suits!!

Brenda

Dearborn Heights, MI(Zone 6a)

Raining down here in Dearborn Heights (Detroit Metro Area) for 2 days straight now.
I think we have ENOUGH now!

Sandy

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

We must turn off the fascet please...at least here...got enough...no washing cars..no windows either..got to do something..going to build a ark...building something to change the flow...giving it to others..is my goal. Let me know just how much to send to you. lol...

smiles..Diana...

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Sandy I agree with you, it started night before last and has been almost non stop. we have standing water every where in our yard, I keep going to look out the back door just to make sure my gardens haven't floated away rofl.
Got all my jugs filled with rain water (stood out in the rain with the umbrella to fill them) and all my buckets are over flowing, if I could I would send all this extra rain to those of you who aren't getting it.

Its suppose to rain all the way thru Saturday with the temps hitting 90's I think by Thursday. I just hope it turns in to scattered showers and moves to areas needing it.

Connie

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I think I've turned into a duck....water everywhere here. Our pool is overflowing. Talk about extremes....I did get 14 qts of tomato juice canned today...but a little sun would be welcomed!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.