question for Brent, or anyone else who might know the answer

Crozet, VA

Hello - I asked this same question a while ago and Brent answered. I cannot locate the question and his answer, so need to ask again.

There is a plant that resembles Dusty Miller in color and leaf shape, but grows tall and thin vs. Dusty being short and squat. It is somethine along the lines of Artemesia, but I am not finding it under plant files. Can someone help again?

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Try looking again for artemisia instead of artemesia. You had it right. Unlike dusty miller, artemisias are also perennials, which is nice. There are quite a few cultivars, some tall, some not so tall.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/b/Asteraceae/Artemisia/none/cultivar/0/

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Ruby, is this the plant you're talking about?:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/148/

I'm not sure, but I think gardener_mick's picture belong's in one of the cultivars for this plant, not the species page?
Anyway, I have tons of it and it's easy to grow, just let me know if you want some. The leaves are real simple, not like Dusty Miller's leaves but it's the same kind of thing.

Thumbnail by claypa
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Claypa, if you scroll down on the page I posted, there are several pages of the various cultivars.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I know, but I think the pic I linked is A. ludoviciana 'Silver King' and it's on the plantfiles page for the species. I think that's what my plant is too, 'Silver King' or 'Silver Queen'.

I just posted that link because that's the best picture of what I have, and I just wanted to mention that I thought it is in the wrong plantfile.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Okay, I understand now.

Crozet, VA

Thanks. I knew it was going to be something simple, such as one letter. Thanks, but no thanks clay. I am over run with. I just wanted to be sure of the name because that will be one of my offerings for the plant swap.

Again, thank you both.

Ruby

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

how about another for Brent- Have you saved seed from the white Scabiosa? Mine's statting to shed some little tiny cup like things- wondering if I can save seed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.