DG Electronic Floral Show "Tea Time"

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

In the interest of promoting more posting of more floral arrangements, here is another category that seems to be a popular idea. "Tea Time" as a theme suggests arrangements that either fit in a tea cup or have something to do with the nice, relaxing feeling of sharing tea with a friend. Post as you wish.

Thumbnail by BDale60
Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Here's a link to the first installment of the DG Electronic Floral Show if you would like a little context and background information:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/751393/

london England, United Kingdom

Hi BDale, great idea to have a few things on the go, it gives people a chance to make something
for different themes and the good thing is, once it's made, we can re-use the flowers !!

This message was edited Aug 1, 2007 12:52 AM

I went to an art gallery, saw Van Gogh's Sunflowers

Sorry I've put this in the wrong thread

This message was edited Aug 1, 2007 1:05 AM

Thumbnail by terriculture
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, one might wonder what does your arrangement have to do with tea time? Well, guess what? There is such a thing as chrysanthemum tea!

Is there a way to take a picture off?

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, look here

http://davesgarden.com/faq/forums/#137

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

One of my dreams is to attend a real life Japanese tea ceremony in Japan. But for now, I will have to settle for this. Just a simple arrangement of hollyhock florets and pentas.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2007 5:38 AM

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Bigger picture.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Beautiful, and I love the black tea set it really sets the colours off,good idea!

Karma thanks for the link, it says I have to ask Dave, y'know the 'main man' around here.
Us English are too reserved and I'm too shy to ask.!
Anyway if he ever comes to have a look at our flower show he will see the mistake I made!.

I haven't got any 'tea time' arrangements yet, but I'm working in it.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

For some reason, I thought this theme would be a hit....where are all the teacups??? Please don't prove me wrong.

O.K. but I only drink coffee!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Coffee is just as great. Thanks Terri! Glad I'm not alone anymore.

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

I'd say "tea for two" but I'm a committed coffee drinker. This is too simple to qualify as an arrangement, but I liked these two "Goshen Calico" Dahlias and figured they could share a cup. Snipped these from the garden this morning as another massive rain shower was just starting, just like yesterday morning. Every time I head for the garden to cut flowers these days the skies open up.

Thumbnail by BDale60

Lovely Dahlias BDale, they look good in the co-ordinated cup. Thanks for the idea 'coffee cups', I might do
something like that. I thought we may have seen some T.pots by now!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Is there a limit on the size of the cup? I have a "cup" that may be a bowl with a handle...

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Yardqueen, no limits that I'm aware of, and we will all enjoy seeing what you come up with whether cup, bowl, saucer, whatever :)

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Bdale, that is a beautiful color on the dahlias. They look pretty cozy in that coffee cup. Won't you do one for the cafe?

Good idea Karma!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Okay, I hate little arrangements because, well, they're too hard!

Suzy

Thumbnail by Illoquin
Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Suzy, that's awesome! Really bright, attractive combination of colors and I like the vertical element too. What's the mix of flowers here?

Beautiful colour combinations Suzy, I recognise Ageratum and nemesia? What are the pink flowers?
nice shape for all round display and cute cup. Thanks so much for joining in.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Why, thank you!

The little pink ones are tiny Zinnias, the Ageratum is the blue fuzzy and the yellow is a single Lantana. Then there is the tall (too tall now that I see it on my monitor) Salvia 'Victoria' spike. Other things in there would be a single snapdragon, Poke weed bud (hanging off the right side). The white that is too tall is the annual Phlox (and what you can't see is th eye which is the same color as the ageratum)

The container is actually not a tea cup, but the sugar bowl from the Peter Rabbit set my kids had when they were little...I was going to use the cup, but then I saw the watering can on the side of the sugar bowl and picked it up instead.

I have very few pink and purple flowers -- I mostly have reds and oranges, so this is made from all the flowers that don't match my garden. LOL!

Tea cup arrangements are extremely difficult because of the huge width of the cups, so what you're seeing is actually a collection of tussey musseys jammed in a cup. They are held together with tiny rubber bands from my daughter's orthodontist!

Suzy

Ha ha ha! well it takes all sorts to make 'floral art'!

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Seven out of ten dentists surveyed recommend flower arranging as a good alternative use for those little rubber bands. :)

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Suzy, I admire you for taking on this challenge. I didn't realize how difficult it may be because my teacup is so narrow and little that it would fit one flower if I wanted it to. What an inventive idea to use the rubber bands....I will remember to do that when I work with an opening that is too wide. The colors you used are very sweet and pretty for a delicate tea cup. Thank you for sharing...it is very lovely. Bdale, too funny!

Yardqueen, come back!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Terri! I'm still around, however not outside much this weekend as temps were in the 100's. I have my "teacup" ready and waiting, but I just could not spend much time outside. DH did all the watering. I will find something for my cup when it cools off a little!

Where is your teacup?

Gosh, with those temps it must be hard to do anything Yardqueen!
I haven't got any tea cups! people seem to find it funny that I'm from England and I don't drink tea!
I like coffee and hot chocolate and milkshakes!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

You can use a coffe cup! And mine is really larger than a tea cup But I am going to use it because I like it

Coffee cups!
I used, Russian vine & gerberas small amount of bear grass

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Lovely! I had to go to sleep for a while but am up again. Story of my life. I will look and see if I can find anything for my pretty cup

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Yardqueen, I look forward to seeing your teacup. I'm sure it will look great since you're so selective with what flowers you use. Terri, love your collection of black/white coffee cups. They are so groovy! The golden gerbera daisies are the perfect color for your cups.

Thanks Ladies! Looking forward to seeing your pretty cup Yardqueen.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I am afraid yardqueen is over and out tonight... It was at least 103* today if not more and the heat index was higher than that.... no relief until MAYBE Friday or the week end... I have White Ginger (Butterfly) blooming and 'Mountain Magic' Brug also, but they are too large for a teacup...even an oversize one!

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Yardqueen, Ouch! That's mighty hot. How about drinking some very cold ice tea for now as your contribution to the "Tea Time" theme? :) Around here we are starting to see the first few hints of fall in terms of some cooler mornings.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

WoW! Fall.... I can't even begin to imagine! We are supposed to be 101* today, down a couple of degrees from the last few days. We will even be lower (90's) by Fri. with possibility of rain...Please Lord...

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Yardqueen, I'm feeling what you feel right now. It's terrible out there. My garden is full of weeds! BDale, you are so lucky, but come winter, I will feel luckier than you.

Chrysanthemum tea for you Karma!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.