identify plant please possibly from Baas lucky dip

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi folks, I grew these from a seed mix probably Baas mystery mix from one of the RRs.

I'd be pleased if anyone could identify it, as I have a few of these and they could go into my plant sale for my opend day.

Thumbnail by sueone
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Sorry, this is too late for your sale (which I'm hoping went very well!), and anyway this is only a suggestion. It looks a bit like a Ligularia to me....?

Thanks Philomel, I still have loads of plants left anyway, so I have them out the front with an honesty box.

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

sueone,
Yep it looks like a Ligularia to me and Mark too. Have you seen Ligularia Desdemona? It is beautiful!! Will try to find the picture if it...Hope the sale went well!!

Lauri

I bought one of those I think? Got it in a pot because the ones I bought before kept getting eaten to nothing.
Is this it?

Thumbnail by sueone
Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Yep, that looks like it............... has dark greem leaves with dark purple underneath and purple veins in the leaf.
Ours is about to send out a flower stem i think.......
The slugs and snails love them........... we keep them coated in slug pellets.

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Looks like a Chenopodium of some sort - Good King Henry perhaps?

Can you tell me what this is please, it was also from the Lucky Dip. It had blue flowers shaped a bit like an abutillon and distinct black stomata.

Thumbnail by Patbarr

That I think is the Shoo fly plant, Nicandra, I've also got those from the lucky dip, pretty flowers that only seem to last a day, then followed by balloon type ods

Thanks Sue, I'll look it up.

Yes it looks like that family, but I can't find one exactly like mine. It is a member of the nightshade family which isn't surprising as it does look rather dangerous in an attractive way! Mine had downward facing flowers with more pleated petals, not so rounded as the ones in the photos. It is fun seeing what comes up in the lucky dip.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.