SEED SALES??? When are they? Who knows?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, all,

I am dying to buy my flower garden seeds for next year now while I can see where the gaps are and see what isn't working and what is in the garden.

So when do the seed sales start? (or don't they have seed sales?)

And who has the best ones?

Thanks for any tips. t.

Thumbnail by tabasco
Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Judy, You are so cute! You must have read the book, "The Girl Who Plans Ahead Gets Ahead".

I checked my old email and Park's had theirs 40% off the 2nd week of November.
Seedman.com has his over Thanksgiving. Those are the only two I know about.

Keep in mind you'll be buying old seeds...seeds that were harvested last summer or even earlier.

Whatcha looking for?

Suzy

LOL just everything!

Thanks for your response. (can you tell I'm excited about the garden this summer?!)

I really want to practice propagation and seed sowing,etc., this year to get my garden into shape aesthetically. Now that I have grown a few plants from seed (direct and wintersowing mostly) and know (a little bit) what to expect from them I think I know better how to use them in our garden.

Of course I'm into the zinnias now and I want to order just the right colors to blend in with my sunny border of perennials for some late summer bloom for the monarchs.

I just didn't want to order seeds and then have them go on 40% off the next day!! It doesn't really matter to me right now if the seeds will be a year old. Most of mine will fail anyway, I think.... (not a good 'attitude' I guess, but fairly realistic!)

Went out this afternoon and bought some roottone, some florist oasis, and clear plastic boxes, to see if I could root some butterfly bushes and the Rozanne's and a few other things

Anyway...thanks for the sale tips. I will watch on the websites, too.

Are you getting pretty good butterflies now?

Have a good weekend. t.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Yes! I had 4 ESTs today all at once, and they were big ones, too!

Look at this link for your shopping pleasure.

http://www.redbudfarms.com/

All the Zinnias you could want arranged by color for only $2.50 a pack :)) I would have bought them myself, but they don't say how much for shipping and handling, but if you buy, I want the red mix and I'll split shipping with you and pay ya back. If the shippjing is $2.00 or under, though, I can order on my own. I was just worried it would be $5.95.

Suzy

Redbud Farms has a lot of choices! It looks like they create their own 'strains' of zinnias.

Could be interesting. I will read it more carefully later on tonight. My computer is giving me fits, today.

I think the redbud farms lady posts on Garden Web once in a while...maybe,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.