Share your yarden?

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I'll start!

This is a picture of my east bed taken on the 19th of June.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Here is a look at the north side of the house on June 6. This is a new bed and needs to fill in a little, but should be nice next year.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Viewed across the back of the garden.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

back porch area

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

looking toward the garden's northeast corner -

Thumbnail by jmorth
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Black Beauties under self-seeded Sunflower stand. Plant in front is Anthemis

Thumbnail by jmorth

This is what the neighbors on the east get to look at.

I've spent so much time and money on the lilies that I have very little color when they aren't in bloom.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Hey, it's nice to see green grass again, amongst the flowers. Haven't seen rain here for weeks. Nice shots.

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

We gardeners do a pretty good job of making things beautiful. Remember back in the day when there was NO internet, NO DG??

Loved the photos. Makes me yearn for a house again. I've lived in apartments for 11 years. Good decision, but I miss the ability to plant garden beds. I'm expecting my four Casa Blanca bulbs to bloom in the next day or two, but that's all I've got this year. :-(

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow you guys.... so many garden goodies and nice grass too!

Sue ~ that huge bed that we all put in looks great, but it's too danged big to get a decent pic. Looks pretty good going the long way but then you have to see the neighbors house and my compost pile. (disregard the weeds)

Thumbnail by Moby
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice, Moby!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Weeds, what weeds?

You all have lovely Yardens, as Lilyfan calls them. :) I don't know that I have any full shots of gardens with the lilies in bloom..... Hmmmmmm, I'll have to look later, but now, I must go weed. ;)

Keep the pictures coming folks! ;)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Beautiful gardens!

Oh what moby.....................you don't have an upstairs room to take a picture out???????

:-) :-) :-)

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

llilyfan,
Wow!!! Just beautiful!
Sherry

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow, and Wow again! Very nice Lilyfan! I'd heard about your gardens. I'd heard they were quite the thing to see. ;) I agree, they are really nice. ;) More pictures please. :)

C'mon Moby, I want to see more of your treasures too! I know you're starting fresh this year, but I have no doubt that you can do circles around me any old day. :)

Jmorth, we need more panoramic shots of your beds too. :) ok? :) :) :)

I'm gleaning ideas for my own gardens from you guys. :)

Diann

Thanks Sherry,

The best thing about that shot is you don't notice all the weeds! I do enjoy being out there, but it definately looks better in picture than person.

Ticker, Thank you, has Wanda been talking again!!!!!!!!!! I just haven't had the time to do the detail work in my beds this year and they really show it in person.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ha! You know it Lilyfan! I know the feeling about things looking better from a distance. I weeded 60 or 70 feet of a mixed perennial bed tonight and it looks fine, just don't look on the other side of the fence. ;) LOL

I need to take a week or two off just to weed and get planted what I have sitting around in pots.. FPP is approaching rapidly...

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is one of my mixed perennial beds....

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And this is one of the back mixed perennial beds...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Thomson, GA

Lilyfan, I felt the same way last year. Of course, one can never have enough lilies. But once they were done I felt so sad :( with no more color and beautiful blooms except for my two pitiful dahlias. This year I have planted about 40 dalhias, not all of them made it, but some are starting to bloom and when they are all going hopefully they will be as colorful as my lilies were. At DH's request, however, we are doubling our lily beds next year. I let him think it was his idea, LOL.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's why I added a bunch of daylilies, otherwise it's pretty dull after lily season. Lately, I've been amusing myself with my Hibiscus.

This one is Southern Belle

Thumbnail by Moby
Maryville, TN(Zone 6b)

Hey Moby, Are you growing hardy Hibiscus in Lincoln Nebraska? If so, could you give me the names of some when you have the time? I have become enamored of them recently, along with daylilies. Thanks.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, they grow quite nicely here as Lincoln is the home of the Fleming brothers (they've all passed on) who hybridized several cultivars found to today. I have Lord Baltimore and Southern Belle, my sis has Lady Baltimore, Plum Crazy and others. Another beauty is Kopper King http://www.flemingsflowerfields.com/flowers.htm

Maryville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thankyou for that link . That was exactly what I was looking for. Your home , yard, gardens, are all beautiful.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I don't have any full garden shots, but here is one of the corners in my back yard.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Another pic from the back yard

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

And just a couple of general lily shots

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Another

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Last one

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

The garden next to the garage

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

The one next to the driveway

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

My gargoyle and dragon garden

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

and my sempervivum garden

Thumbnail by goldfinch4

Wow and double WOW!!! Ticker and goldfinch, I feel a roadtrip coming on!

I'll share my semipervivums garden with you if you promise not to laugh out loud!!!

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Lilyfan, I think it's adorable! Did you make the hypertufa pot? I have some of those with semps in them too.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Moby, do you have problems with Japanese Beetles and your hibiscuses? They are a favorite snack for JB's in my garden.

Goldfinch, do sempervivum require a lot of dirt to grow in? The west half of my property sits on a limestone shelf, and there is maybe six to eight inches of dirt before you hit bedrock, so I was thinking maybe sempervivum would work in some of those spots...

Lilyfan, bring your weeding clothes and come on down. :) LOL Oh yeah, bring Moby too!

Diann

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Ticker, no semps don't need much dirt - very shallow root system. Just need sharp drainage. I usually add sand to the soil before I plant them. And just let me know if you'd like a few to start with.....they are really easy to ship and I've got plenty to share. A lot of them are NOIDs though.

Lilyfan, I agree - you (and anyone else) is welcome to stop over any time! I won't even make you weed (like Ticker would)!! ;)

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Goldfinch, quit that, they'll go to your house first and never come weed my gardens! :)

Do the sempervivums over winter well? do they need cover? years ago, my late mother had hens and chicks and they just grew and grew and grew and never had anything special done to them...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.