DG Electronic Floral Show "Getting to Know You"

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

both vases

Thumbnail by drivenbonkers
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Your arrangements are simple....and very pretty. I love pinks and lavenders together. But even more beautiful is your thoughtfulness. Thank you for sharing. I hope we will get to see "you" every week.

london England, United Kingdom

drivenbonkers, ''ahh'' what lovely fresh air, seeing your arrangements outside in such a beauitful setting really sets them off. I agree with Karmaplace the colour scheme you have put togther is gorgeous. Thanks for showing us.
nice vases too!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

You all are creative wizards! I'm still trying to get over the Fireworks and how I actually thought I felt heat viewing it LOL!

Lenjo, I love your red teapot and all contents, (especially that little zinger Berry Bounty!)

Drivenbonkers, you are my hero/ine for putting together a simple arrangement of "what's in bloom," and more importantly, sharing it with your fellow workmates. I've done that for years and people are always stunned and amazed to receive a vase. They think I live on acres of blooms to have produced such a collection, no matter how few flower types are there.

I will share my favorite vase- only because it's my alltime favorite in my alltime favorite colors containing my alltime favorite flowers: the dahlias. Also there are coreopsis, liatris, snapdragons, rudbeckia, 2 butterfly bush types, daylily, yarrow and whatever else was blooming. Seen at this link
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/poochella/bouquets/bouquetpryfullview.jpg

Below is my very simple Father's Day bouquet made of what was blooming: peonies ( my new love for early blooms!), Lady's Mantle ( love that chartreuse,) foxglove, delphinium and hosta leaves surrounding.

That's probably it for bouquets from me because I'm going to be busy hovering around the Berry Bounty plant Lenjo sent me so I can garner one of those beautiful rich red flowers she showed us!

Thumbnail by Poochella
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

So good to have you on this thread in this forum, Annie, your bouquets are very lovely indeed. I see so many many familiar blooms. Our gardens I do believe must be very similar. Isn't alchemilla or lady's mantle one of the best little fillers going? My plants are totally robbed all the time of any bloom. I guess that is one way to keep them from spreading seed everywhere. Lady's Mantle and anything burgundy is just stunning, my dd was here today and she put some lady's mantle with green envy zinnias, burgundy carnations, Joe Pye weed not fully open and Foxy Lady and it was just gorgeous.

I would like to second the sentiments about drivenbonkers generosity. Isn't that what flowers are for but to bring some joy and beauty to those around us especially to the sick and shut in. My hats off to you drivenbonkers and all of you who share your blooms and creations.

Dale, karma, and terri, I am sure glad you came up this electronic floral show, this will be lots of fun. Hope many others join in.

WOW! They are fantastic, Thankyou so much for showing your all time favourite things. The quality of plant material
is just stunning. You have a real 'eye' for colour it's great.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Poochella, I love your peonies. They are gorgeous. And chartreuse is now my favorite color!

"My plants are totally robbed all the time of any bloom. I guess that is one way to keep them from spreading seed everywhere." Lenjo, what does that mean?

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Lenjo, duh, nevermind, I get it. I need sleep I think.

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Drivenbonkers, I concur with what others have said: first, how lovely your flower arrangement is with those beautiful fresh flowers (and that wonderful backdrop in your photograph. We will count that as part of the arrangement too, okay!!) and, second, how absolutely wonderful it is that you faithfully share those bouquets and arrangements with your mother and co-workers. That is such a thoughtful, meaningful thing to do. I've got a follow-up question to ask you about Baby's Breath but maybe I'll start another thread for that to avoid adding to the "dial up" dilemma.

Pooch, your flowers are awesome! What can I say? I've been admiring them over on the Dahlia forum all this time and when you showed up with an arrangement on this forum it was like getting a beautiful arrangement delivered to the front door!! I'll take one of those on Father's Day anytime, thank you!

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

By the way, Lenjo, the credit for the Floral Show idea goes to terri and karma. I'm just helping process entries at the door and pitching in with a few duties here and there around the "building".

Along those lines, you may park in front of the Floral Show building only as long as it takes to unload your entries. All other vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense. Thank you. (Grin)

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Drivenbonkers, I started a new thread devoted to Baby's Breath and would love it if you (or anybody else) wanted to hop over and offer some comments and advice. Thanks.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/752634/

BDale

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh no, I can't take credit for the show either...it's all Terri. Well, gotta go before I get towed. BTW, where's everyone today?

Hi BDale, Please hold the door open for me while I bring a few more arrangements in. Thankyou! you are doing a great job here and we can't wait to see your arrangements...... one of these days!!!!!!!

'Getting to know you'

I'm vegetarian.

I used .... a cabbage, roses and freesias
mechanics used, a sharp knife to cut out a circle in the centre of the cabbage,small floral foam to fit inside the cabbage.

Thumbnail by terriculture

'Getting to know you'

I enjoy shopping, but only for plants and flowers!

I used, hypericum, solidago, chrysanths, gyp, carnations, roses and phlox
cellophane and string, a gift bag and ribbon.

'Getting to know you'
I support the best football team on Merseyside and that is Liverpool.

I used, a floral foam sphere, floral foam block, red and white carnations, shamrock chrysanths, eucalptus and ruscus. a novelty flag, football on a stick and red ribbon

'Getting to know you'
I love birthdays especially the cake!

I used, daisys from the garden, a posy pad, toothpicks,tape and a gold candle.

Thanks BDale, Goodbye! and thats all folks, you know enough about me now.!

Karmaplace, BTW ??? sorry no comprende !

This message was edited Jul 26, 2007 1:58 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

terriculture, those are amazing.....what I know about you is your VERY creative!

It's very kind of you to say that pixie, are you going to join in ? I can imagine some magical,
fairy / pixie arrangement just from your name which is enchanting!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

oops terri, btw=by the way.

We still have a few more days to go, but wouldn't you say we had a really good show this week? Anyone else out there, please join in! Even if you have a single flower in a bud vase, I want to see it!

Thanks Karmaplace, I hope you don't mind when I ask you what the secret codes mean!
you are very helpful and I appreciate it lots.

BTW, I had a lovely message from WeeNell on the flowers for beginners forum, she wishes everyone good luck with the flower show.

I wonder when BDale will be opening the door for himself!

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

I love the latest additions to the floral show! Great colors and designs. I'll do one, I promise, but need a workable camera/photographer first (by this weekend). In the meantime, I sure hope others will give it a try. There is still plenty of room for more!!
BDale

Hi BDale, so glad you haven't gone on strike after all ! It must be tiring, waiting for arrangements to
arrive. I hope the camera excuse is sorted out soon. (only joking)!!

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

I have to tell you, I am really enjoying this thread!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

We seem to have slowed down a bit today...especially after terri has decided we know enough about her (him?) already. I've changed my mind and here is another arrangement I made from MY garden. I'll call it my thankful bouquet, because many of these flowers were inspired by gardeners from this forum. I just want to thank all of you for giving me ideas for my small cutting flower collection. They consist of golden dewdrops (DoSaye), angelonia (dale a gardener), and zinnias (bdale, lenjo, and possibly many others). Greens are varigated pitt, texas sage, and varigated liriope. And many thanks to everyone who have and will participate in this flower show. It was very nice meeting all of you!

Thumbnail by karmaplace

HEY, at last another one fabulous! Karmaplace, it 's so vibrant, I love red and purple as a colour combination.
You have still managed to achieve calm and your style is starting to emerge, it's fresh,and I love it!

Thankyou for sharing your beautiful flowers, all that nurturing in your garden has really paid off, don't you think?

This message was edited Jul 31, 2007 11:24 AM

This message was edited Jul 31, 2007 11:27 AM

I don't drink myself, Karmaplace asked for a single flower in a bud vase.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2007 12:14 AM

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Hahaha!

I guess the floral delivery guy rings the doorbell and says "This Bud's for you!"

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Karma,

Your "Thankful" arrangement above is SO pretty, and what a wonderful gesture to identify some of us as part of your floral choices. It is like the Academy Awards. I feel honored just to be named in the company of such great gardeners!!

BDale

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, hahahahha!!! What are the fates of all stargazers? They develop long necks!! Haha...okay kinda corny.

BDale, "this bud's for you"....good one!

Glad I made yardqueen laugh of loud!

Karma, your out of this world!!!

BDale, cheers Buddy!!

I put my bud vase on the trash to treasure forum!! Hope we get some more floral displays soon.

me again.

BDale, Is your Mrs back yet ?

This message was edited Jul 30, 2007 1:31 PM

I wish Pixie would show us some exotic blooms from South China!!

and I wish Seandor would come back!

and I wish yardqueen would join in!

'ahh ' wishful thinking' it's Great !

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm here.... Yes you made me LOL, That photo was very clever! I sure hope I get to make some flower arrangements, but I am really bad about not ever wanting to pick my flowers. I want to see them blooming outside! My yard is full of blooms now and has been for some time! I really will try to do one this week end! Try out my skills! I have not done flower arranging much, and a big problem will be to find a vase that will hold the flowers the way I want them to be. I don't have any of the florist stuff like frogs and oasises, or would that be oasii? LOL I will just have a container and flowers to work with. But I will try!

Great, fantastic, I can't wait yardqueen. Well, I wouldn't worry about frogs ,only real ones!

If you don't want to cut your flowers, thats understandable you might have a lovely container
display,window box or hanging basket you want to share with us.

so whatever you do with your floral displays this weekend will be truely welcomed, O.K?

Y'all come back now, have a nice day.

Yipppppppppppppppppppppppppy!

one wish has been granted.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Terri
Oh, I have lots of pictures of my plants all right, both in beds and containers! But this is supposed to be for flower arrangments so I will do it. I am rather excited about it now! It is evening now and I would get eaten alive if I go out now, but I have been thinking what flowers and greenery I can use. I am really looking forward to checking this out tomorrow! I can hardly wait for morning now! Do Canna flowers work in flower arrangements? I have lots of other things, but I thought of a canna flower that I may want to use. I know ya'll used canna foliage. I just didn't know if the flowers work as cut flowers. All of a sudden I am overwhelmed with ideas and combinations! Ya'll may have created a monster!

Your my kind of monster then!

So glad you decided to go crazy with your scissors tomorrow!,snip snip snip
but you have had great joy from growing them and seeing them everyday it's only fair to
share with us their beauty.

Canna eh, well they are very posh and expensive over here, I want to see what you do with them
as I have never used them, I don't know how they perform so just try it!

Oasis is a brand name, they do loads of floristry products including floral foam. o.k!
I will dream about Cannas tonight, they are so exotic, good choice.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.