South Ga. Round-Up Coming Soon!

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Just thought yall might like to hear from me, lol!!
I'm still planning to host the Round-Up!!!
Just been so so far behind, and I don't know if I'll even get caught up!
and the heat just won't let me work either, although I'm not the only one.

In a few days I'll make another thread where everyone would like too list their
HAVE"S to trade & Wants too.!

Boy I'm really way behind on this planning stuff, but not to worry
You just plan on being here in Douglas with your plants on Saturday October 27 @ 10:00 am.

Please!!!

Whatcha wanna eat?

How about this menu:
Roger's BBQ sandwiches with these trimimg's
- bake beans - slaw or potatoe salad - homemade pound cake - sweet tea.

Will chat sooner!
Donna

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

So glad to hear from you, gf!

wanna talk on the telle

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

sure!

This message was edited Aug 21, 2007 5:11 AM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Would anyone like some Siberian Iris seeds? I just harvested a bowl full..lol Put it on this thread just to bump it up...I hope you are doing well Donna! I sure do hope I can come in October....looking so forward to seeing everyone again!

Jim, how many of these crepe myrtles do you want me to pot up...I am going to try and pot a few this week if the weather stays cooler in the 80s..lol Coby, are you still coming to see me? Looking forward to it!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I've potted up some Lady Margaret passion vine, great attractor for Gulf Fritillary and Zebra Longwing butterflies......as a matter of fact I had to move a bunch of little Gulf Frit caterpillars off of my potted babies and onto the "mama" vine so that the plants will have leaves when I bring them in October...

I'm looking around for other things to bring. I'll be flying up to Raleigh for the NC roundup- actually an excuse to tour Plant Delights nursery- but I can't bring much trade material in my suitcase so I should have several things to bring to the S GA roundup.
It has finally cooled off a teeny bit this weekend so maybe I can take some cuttings frm favorite plants.

Does anyone need Calycanthus floridus (Sweet shrub/Carolina Allspice) ?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I do! I bought one, not sure of the name...but it really has not done well for me and it is several years old....maybe it is not in a good place...but I love them. My Grandaddy grew them under his window when I was young, and we always slept with the windows open and that smell coming in to perfume the night! It always makes me think of him!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Do you root from cuttings? I have one and it really does smell good. Janet I am like you, it brings back a lot of young memories.

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I have a large Calycanthus bush that root runs so I thought I would dig up some of the babies and see how they pot up. You're right, the scent of the blooms is lovely. I wish my tea olives would do the same thing, I can never have too many of them...

I also have an enormous banana shrub but I believe they propagate better from softwood cuttings in the spring. I'll have to try that next year. Talk about scent!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/767968/

Registration - Sign Up here

plantnutga, I've got u down!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Janet, hi
Sorry been "away" again for some time. It's just too hot for me out there! Since I had guests coming from Holland I decided 2 weeks ago to start on guestroom, carpet out, ceiling, walls, window frames all painted. Done. Very nice. Guests happy. Gone again. Day rest. Today in garden again. So.... crape myrtle. Tell me when is a good day for you, I can come during week when Ashley is in school; have a little chat and a cuppa , take crepe myrtle and back in Atl. before she's back frm school!
Coby

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Sounds good Coby...lol you have been busy! Let me check my schedule and I will let you know..I have quite a few that are growing nicely! I hope the heat lets up a little this coming week too!

Anyone ready to start your plant want & have trade list yet?
Round Up is 5 weeks away!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I think that is a good idea Donna.

Ok here's the link to post your trades!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/767969/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.