LOOK WHAT I'VE GOT! (warning, seriously cuteness inside)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Look what SO brought me today. Isn't she adorable? Her name is Jello, she's 7 weeks old and she's a blue brindle pit bull.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. My batteries were almost dead and that affects the color and the focusing.

This was a nice long nap after her ride to her new home, a bath, lots of water and food and then ..zzzzzzzzzzz

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'll take some more pictures later.

Thumbnail by hart
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ooooohhhhhh!

What a sweet face!!

Now I'm wishing we had a fenced in yard, because I'd sure love to have a parade of puppies at the swap... I think there are at least 2 other local DGers looking at puppies this summer!

Congratulations on your sweeeet new best friend! :-)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Hart what a cutie and what a wonderful surprise!

Critter, make that 3 looking for puppies :) We lost our sweet little Flopsy (10 yrs old) in January and we had a terrible time dealing with it. We knew we had to wait until June to find a new dog because we're just too busy in the spring and have been seriously looking for a couple of months. We were really interested in a Bernese Mountain Dog but decided they were too big - looking for a medium sized dog. I've had Springer Spaniels all my life and Flopsy was a Springer/Jack Russell mix, size of a Jack but with the markings and sweet disposition of a Springer. I was following along on the other puppy thread and after checking on the Labradoodles found out that there is a Springerdoodle! Well, long story short DH said absolutely not they look too much like Flopsy :( Plus, the only pups I could find were either in Florida or New York. So I continued our daily search of the shelters within an hour's driving distance. Lo and behold I finally found a pup yesterday morning and he/she is still available - a Border Collie mix with the markings of a Bernese Mountain Dog! http://www.humanecampbell.org/animals/detail.php?AnimalID=251743 - Filled out the adoption application yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed that we will hear something soon.

Debbie

Thumbnail by rcn48
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, Debbie, how exciting! My fingers are definitely crossed... let us know as soon as you hear something! H/she is going to give Jello some stiff competition for "sweetest puppy face" LOL.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks critter, we've 'looked' at pictures of so many puppies, there was just something special about this one. As Rick says, IF it's meant to be, it's meant to be :)

Sorry Hart, didn't mean to take this thread in another direction, I'm just a LITTLE excited, LOL. My apologies to Jello :)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

That's okay, Jello doesn't mind. She's busy chewing on Java's little bee toy this morning. LOL

That's an adorable puppy, Debby. I hope you hear something soon.

We have been talking about getting a second dog for quite a while. SO found the breeder of these puppies and the next thing I know, he's off to get one. I'll try to get some better pictures today to show her coloring, which is tan and gray where Java is gold and black brindled.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Both puppies are ssooo cute!

Diane, how is Java taking to her new "sissy"?

Good luck Debbie with the adoption!

Karen

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Java's attitude is basically, "What in the heck is this?! Did I ask for a little sister? Did I? Hmpf."

She'll come around.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh what beautiful pups! Congratulations on the newest addition to your families.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane AND Debbie...OMG...how cute are they?!!! Diane - my ex father in law lives up toward you and lost his female blue-fawn pit a couple of years ago. Where did you find that darling?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hart, you are right that is serious cuteness. Nothing cuter than a puppy. I love brindle's such pretty markings. Congrats on the new family member.
Deb, Crossed fingers here isn't he/she sooo cute. Bernese Mountain Dog are truly beautiful dogs, but large dogs do require special care. Just remember that Border Collies have a lot of energy to burn off.
Good luck both of you.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Chantell, So found the guy through an ad in the Valley Trader. He's up in Romney WV. I'll ask him tomorrow to show me the ad so I can give you the phone number.

He said they had a pair of blues too, male and female, and a white so he could probably get a blue puppy from them.

Jello is really well socialized to cats, other dogs, people and apparently to kids too.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Diane and Debbie, I've been meaning to tell you how cute the puppies are!

From one doggie lover to another!

Chris

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Hart, thank you for the pics of Jello.......pudgy puppy belly....one of my most favorite things!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Most puppies are sooooo cute. Debbie, I was interested in the Bernese also, then I read about the cancer problem they are having with the breed and they fact that they normally only live 6-8 yrs I can't pay that much for a dog that's not long lived. I'd be devastated. I'm looking for a dog also but since I have an infant the adoption centers think you won't have time to take care of a dog too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.