angels fishing rod

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

does anyone know when the seeds to the angel fishing rod is ready? i have a dark purple that i would love to save and dont know how/when they will be ready thxs so much

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

I've got the ordinary pink one, and I just wait for the whole thing to go brown and dryish at the end of the summer. You can sow them straight away and should have small plants next year. I've not seen a dark purple one - it sounds lovely. If you forget to cut the old flower stalks off they very often seed around the plant, so they aren't difficult.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

well i forgot to take a pic of it let me see if i can a pic on the web

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i think this is it

http://fothergills.co.uk/en/dierama-blackbird-2918.aspx

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

That is a beauty Moretz. I went to a flower show yesterday and they were selling single plants - just one stalk for £5. I was just thinking how many have just seeded at the edge of my path and on the edges of the pond - probably going on for 60. I'll have to get them potted up and sell them. You shouldn't have any problem growing them from seed.

Pat

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

WOW!!!!!!!!
sounds like i need to sell mine as well lol

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I bought some seed of Dierama -- just h eregula pink kind, -- do they really get to a height of 48in. (120cm) and a spread of 20in. (50cm)?

WOW! That's about 2x the size I thought they'd be!

Suzy

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

well mine isent that big,with the bloom stalk they do but not the foliage

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

They seem to have problems growing this in cultivation for sale. Not sure why. I know we ordered to batches from Notcutts nurseries last year and they had a crop failier on one batch so only got the one lot. Not many nurseries grow them..
I know they are expensive when ever we can get them. Seen them priced at over £10 before, for a plant with only 1 flower stalk.

Think you should sell them on Ebay quick.

Mike

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Can I get on the list for some of the purple ones when you get ready to trade?

Peggy

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Blackbird is the one I'm going to buy this year. I have a pack of the rose colored ones somewhere but the color of Blackbird is too tempting:)

cornwall, ON(Zone 4b)

Hi All --I would really like to get some of this plant's seeds -in the pink or purple--sooo if anybody would like to swap/ trade, i don't have anything very unusual but will trade what i have. :o) Sandra

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.