I;m finally done planting seedlings!!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I can't believe it took me this long to get it all in the ground!! but i have to admit, since mid-April, i have only been home half the time -- and some days it was pouring rain or too darned HOT.

anyone else still have containers to plant?

and i guess those with medical or emergency issues don't count.

next year i have to do about half of what i did this year... but that's in a different thread.

Terese

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL

Well, let's see some pics of your progress!

I am still sowing seed so I'm a bit behind, you could say. I'm trying to do some 'summer sowing' of perennials.

Here's the link if anyone has anything to add! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/747216/

Good luck with your garden. It will be gorgeous before you know it!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

i went out to take a few.... one of the baby bunnies was out back munching grass... and i didn't want to frighten it, so i didn't go back to take pics yet.

here are roughly 5 or 6 GrandPa Ott Morning Glories. I planted them in a lil bed my neighbor has, to try and hide the utility box... they are climbing up my fence... i should have taken this image this morning when all the purple flowers were open.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

here is another GrandPa Ott [i have Heavenly Blue way out back at the "bunny bush"]
and my Yellow 4-O'Clock on the side of my house.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Morning glory looks like she's happy there!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Yeah, Terese! Congratulations on getting all your seedlings planted out! I'll finish planting mine out this Fall when the weather stays cooler and there is more rainfall.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Hopefully over the next 10 days they will grow quite a bit -- so when I get home I'll get some images of them. some are still quite small.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I still have milk jugs!!! AND ferns from the Summerkid coop, a bunch of Caladiums that were too slow to come up when I was planting in the shade, and a couple 1/2 flats of seedlings I moved into 4" posts ala Brentin NoVa. AND some more stuff, too.

I spent a LONG time, no goofing off, in April & May and the beginning of June planting out and out and OUT, but with the lack of rainfall (1/4" in 10 weeks, now, with nary a cloud on the horizon -- or 10 day forecast, either!) and summer sun, I didn't think they'd have a very good survival rate.

Congratulations, Terese! That is a fine accomplishment.

Suzy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.