IT'S RAINING!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

It may not actually cover the entire sidewalk, and may stop in 43 seconds, but it's more precip. than we've had in months! I think the temp also dropped by about 20 degrees, too--whew!

Let's hope this is a sign of good, wet things to come!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Not fair!! I am happy for you all though!!

Mesa, AZ

*sniff sniff* Not even the scent of rain up here. Possible tomorrow, so everyone go outside and do raindances!

Susie

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yesterday I read that there was a large, ferocious t-storm 12 miles north of Nogales. The report said lots of wind too. Glad some of the wet stuff made it to Tucson. I know we must be overcast because the old swamper is not working worth a nickel this morning. Very sticky in here. Come on rain!!! Let's all wash our cars, that should do it.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

It's monsoon season! We're bound to get some sooner or later.............aren't we :(

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Jill, all we got down here on my end was a huge, nasty, dusty, windy storm. Ick!

Did you end up losing power? I heard on the news that some people out east were without for a bit :(

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I just heard from one of my managers that they had tremendous winds last night in Queen Creek. It blew out some of our doors and made a mess on the property.
We can only hope that we will get some rain and not just the darn wind.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

We didn't lose power on this one, and we only got about 2 minutes of rain. Still, it's enough to get me hoping, and boy did the creosote smell good!

Now it's just sticky, and I'm procrastinating big-time about my daily tomato yoga... don't wanna go out there but I guess I must!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

My Mom in Bisbee was saying they have been getting rain! We are headed down there next weekend! I can't wait!

As for up here, my plants are in desperate need of rain!

Sierra Vista, AZ(Zone 8a)

I'm in Sierra Vista/Hereford and it was a heck of a thunderstorm last night. We had lightning on both sides of the house, it was like a strobe light and we got a ton of rain. Of course, my b/f had already watered the plants. LOL

Of course today was really humid because of it, which wasn't very comfortable, but I am glad we got some rain.

Dion :)

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Had monsoon winds and a sniff or two of rain but that's it. They say the average monsoon date for us starts on July 7th.

Get ready, folks!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

I think I got about a quarter-inch of rain today... it's on it's way, my Phoenix-area friends!

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Got some rain around 9pm. It was short lived but, Hooray!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Not a drop out my way. :o(

Phoenix, AZ

Nice steady wind from the southeast.
That's all!
7th ave and Greenway.

Phoenix, AZ

Rain! Couldn't believe it, but it actually came down - for about 5 minutes. Got the patio all wet but it dried up quickly. Lotsa thunder and some far off lightning. Wonder where it went?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

We got poured on coming home from P.V. Mall last night.
When we got home we discovered it was totally dry...just a lotta pine needles and leaves blown all over the yard!
Maybe tonight????????????

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

We got just a few sprinkles. Enough to make the dirt show up on the already dirty looking car :)

Alan

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

What Alan said!

Mesa, AZ

Lots of blowing dust, not a drop of rain! :(

I think it got lost on the way up Jill!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

I can almost hear my yard saying "AAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh" and relaxing.

I'll keep encouraging it to go up and visit you all! Then again, if it has something to do with my 4-year-old's rain dance, you might need her, too. If DG could play videos, I'd post one--it's a riot!

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Both Ch5 and Ch12 mention possible rain later today around 4-7pm or so. (got my digits crossed!)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Fingers and toes both!

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yep, it's working. Got LOTS of wind here in N. Scottsdale but no smell of rain - yet. Clouds are dark, though.

Anyone get rain yet???????? It's coming from the northeast and I see rain falling from a few clouds.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

nuttin' down here - its just HOT!

Phoenix, AZ

Yep, hot here too. Looks like any possibility of "an event" near my house has dissapated.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Well, I'm back home (and so glad to be... much as I love my family)... we had HUGE wind late afternoon... blowing over pond plants, I'm worrying about the gazebo and barzebo (even though they're anchored in the concrete), and especially the plumies. But, it's died down now... no rain. Dang. It's definitely working up to it, though!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Finally got some rain here! It was really just a taste & can't wait for a full out downpour now ...

ahhhhhh :)

Gilbert, AZ

In gilbert we didn't get anything but a little wind to mess up the pool.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Ohhhh, hope it makes it's way HERE.

Phoenix, AZ

Hey cinthea, haven't seen you around before. Welcome to the southwest forum :)

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Fish & Everyone - Yep I'm new here. This site was a happy gem to find and now I can't get enough of it ...

Thanks for the welcome :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

And a (belated!) welcome from a fellow Tucsonan!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Jill - I'm very glad to be here!!

Phoenix, AZ

Welcome, cinthea.
I like your "handle". Is cinthea the way your given name is spelled? Or, forgive me, is it your given name?

I keep seeing this thread on my "most watched" threads ... ITS RAINING. I'm working myself into a state of depression everytime I click on the link and see that It Appears to Not be Raining ANYWHERE....

But, nice meeting you, cinthea.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

sorry..... didn't mean to cause despair.... I was just sooo excited, and only other garden people can possibly understand. 8-{ (that's the closest emoticon I can come up with for an apologetic face, I guess!)

In a classic example of bad karma, we are dry today. Three days in a row, and now, not a drop. Predictably, today is the day DH got all excited about rainwater harvesting. If he wants to stick buckets under our (dry) downspouts, he's welcome to it!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Welcome Cinthea!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Welcome from me too!

Brenda

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Welcome cinthea!

audrey

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Welcome cinthea!! We look forward to your posts.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.