Happy July 4th!!!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hope everyone’s having a great 4th. We're having my Mom over tonight. We're getting 1/2 a bushel of steamed crabs from the little farm market I have here in Brunswick. The brother of the guy who runs it has set up a seafood stand there. What are ya'll doin'?

Thumbnail by miatablu
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy 4th to one and all! Be safe and enjoy the festivities!

Karen

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm waiting for my buddy to get home from work so I can put this thing in the Magothy River. 'Uncle' Mike (me) is playing manny this summer near Pasadena Md.

Thumbnail by claypa

This is where I'll end up, then drive back to Pa., probably go see the local fireworks.

Thumbnail by claypa
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Watch out for the storms, manny. I see that we've got a Tornado Watch in affect around here.

I forgot to answer Miata's question: I will be attending a neighborhood Not Block party. My British husband may join me ... or may stay home and sulk. I have made a big batch of Sallyg's slaw to take to the festivus ...

This message was edited Jul 4, 2007 3:51 PM

I'm back, just a short trip to stash the 'yak. Got a few red, white, and blue pics.

A red leaf in front of some Indian Pipes:

Thumbnail by claypa

Some white native Azaleas, Rhododendron arborescens. Pretty sure anyway. Sorry, bad picture.
edit: white stamens = R. viscosum, not R. arborescens

This message was edited Jul 4, 2007 4:51 PM

Thumbnail by claypa

and Blueberries. Okay, they're still green, but that's all I got for blue today.

Thumbnail by claypa
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Happy & Safe 4th to everyone!
Woke up to the electricity being out, fixed now. Not doing much today, but enjoying the day off! Made slaw last night, Ribs on the grill and making a from scratch chocolate cake. Might mix up a batch of cornbread too.

Looks like rain, Gosh, I hope so, we need it bad. Anyone know how to do the raindance?

Clay, nice pictures, like the stand of Indian pipes, and I can almost taste the blueberries.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Happy 4th y'all!

Being self employed makes for no holiday for me - we are however having BBQ at Fudrucker's :-)

Here's to a happy and relaxing day for all! :-)

Becky

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

well, going low-key this year. Staying in the 'hood, instead of going to Catonsville, where I grew up and Mom lives. DH is working on the well pipe- don't ask, he just got a notion and thankfully he won't quit til its good and done, but this is the fourth try, each ttry means turning off and emptying water for several hours. will be happy when its done. and AndyBrown is the best and nicest well guy in this county.
claypa, I'd rather be on the Magothy ...you made it look pretty.
I should try to make a little R W B bouquet from the yard. A zinnia, my first scabiosa if its ready and I can bear to cut it, and salvia.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

We watched a movie while eating barbequed chicken, spaghetti squash (with butter and basil), and a salad (with lettuce, hearts of palm, avacado and tomato); kids then had eclairs; raced down to my office which is 2 blocks from the White House and watched the tail end of the fire works from my roof (we are late for everything); raced home.

Happy 4th to all.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy, add pine nuts to the salad and invite me for dinner!

Sally, it is pretty... especially after you get past all the docks. I see an Eagle almost every time I go. There's a few Bald Cypresses back there, Tupelos, Viburnums, all kinds of Ericaceae, eight different Oaks, and most of the woods is Hollies. In the middle of this picture is the swamp, half of it's roses. I think they're native too.

Thumbnail by claypa
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Now I understand why people want to live on the Magothy. If they outlawed motors, I would too
: ^)
I thought the Bald Cypresses stopped in Calvert or Charles County. That's neat.

My dedicated DH spent all day on the well, but it's all done-forever we hope. I'll have to get some pipe joint compound (magic leak stopper!) out of my nails today. We have some neighbors who went hog wild with fireworks in the yards so we had enough of a show from home. I made my bouquet- an onion flower, salvia, a gaillardia. and put it by the sink full of dishes I couldn't wash. Better get to that...
And we had some rain- probabl y just enough to mes with the big fireworks shows but will still need more today, and it looks like we may get it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.