I dont mind sharing a few tomatoes, but.....

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Chris.... You definently don't want to put any more cats in there until everything cleaned all out and disenfected.

You have two choices, you can take that dirt and turn it lose outside some where and it probably a wasp that parasitized your cat, and turned free they will fly off and go about laying there eggs on what to them are other predators, which is a natural process, or you can just dump and dispose of all of it and clean yoru cage good and disinfect it. Which you need to do anyways.

Sorry you had to lose your little fellow after takign care of him so long, but it happens. Without those who parasitiod we would littlerly be plagued with more and more bad bugs. Just sorry ya had to se e it and it do it on you fellow.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

I went back in my pictures of him to see if there was some kind of sign that he was infected, but couldnt see a thing. If it would have been visible by eye then it definetly wasnt on the outside of him. Maybe there are parasoid things that can get inside the body without leaving a mark. Sounds Alien like to me!
Oh well, thanks all, for watching the show.
I am going to clean out and disinfect the cage. Putting all contents in the trash.

Sheila, Just curious, did you have something in mind when you said "freeze them"? Thats not gonna happen anyway. After watching this happen, there is no way they are going anywhere near my food, frozen or not. LOL * hurl *

chris

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Just to kill them and the bacterial quickly by bagging them. I put stuff in an outside fridge that is used only for cokes etc. Things I throw in the trash stink a lot since we only have weekly pickup. Plus I wouldn't want them hatching out.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I just discovered two huge hornworms on my Vitex tree. It is only 2 foot tall and they were making the limbs droop. My tomato plants are close by so they may have crawled from there. I put them where they can eat Datura and morph. But I thought I would let you know they will eat Vitex too.

St Augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

Well one of my two tomato hornworms just eclosed and took off. Interesting appearance that I wasn't able to photograph cause my digital camera has finally died. Considering the huge size of the cat, the moth was probably only 2 1/2 inches in size. Its sides were pretty though, 3 orange circles. The rest was moth brown (lol).

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh Karen, I wish you could have taken pictures. I cant wait for more.
My in-laws lived in the villages for quite a few years (on Caribe Dr. I think). Very nice place, alot of things to do. They moved 2 years ago about 4 miles away to Summerfield.
We go down 3 or 4 times a year to visit.

chris

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.