Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

dwdruley and InLily, great pics! :)

Klamath River, CA

This guy came in when it was almost too dark to get a picture

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Oh beautiful adel!!

Marlton, NJ

I saw my first red bellied juvenile today, Papa had brought him along while he went to one of the suet feeders. The juvie waited up in the tree till pa came back to feed him. Then he hung upside down from a higher branch while being fed. I couldn't get a clear shot of him with all the leaves but was very excited to see my first one.

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Some of you are sooo lucky to see woodpeckers so frequently! I seldom have them, but so enjoy them when I do.

Thought you might get a kick out of this swallow shot I got today. It appears to be telling me off.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Northern, IN

heyitsmejudy,

The Blue Jay pic was taken with my Lumix FZ50. Thanks for the kind words.

Dave

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Thanks Grandmaggie!
Aren't the Lumix FZ's great? I just got a FZ8 and once I've mastered it, no telling what kind of pictures I'll be able to take. :)
Seems like woodpeckers are popular today. Unfortunately, this picture is not very good....

Thumbnail by indiana_lily
Melbourne, FL

Nice shot of the Swallow, Tigerlily.....I often see the Swallows doing their aerial acrobatics, but have never seen one land anywhere.

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

tigerlily, you get swallows and I never have! I do get woodpeckers,tho! :)

Marlton, NJ

LOL, tiger your right it looks like he's telling you off.Nice pic! I too see them alot in the air but never saw one sitting till I went to that wildlife refuge nearby where they had loads of bird houses and many were occupied by swallows.

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

That feeder stand is only a few feet in front of the house, just outside the kitchen window. The swallows are nesting in a box attached to the house in the same general area, so they land there frequently.

Yesterday I watched one pick up (and then lose) a feather many times, until it landed, then swallow lost interest. I thought it was planning to take it into the nest box, but neighbor informs me that he has seen them do this to teach the fledges how to catch their bugs.

Lawrenceville, GA

I'm asking for a nice camera for my birthday. I'm buying myself for the BIG birthday... you all know the one... a bird watching trip... just myself... and the cheapie digital just won't cut it.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2007 2:30 PM

Klamath River, CA

Canada Geese

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Good for you judy! What are you asking for?

Nice pic adel!

Lawrenceville, GA

I don't know, Pelletory... a good camera and DW's photography talent would be a good start. I did a lot of photography in college and would like to get back into it. Bird watching is so relaxing for me and something I enjoy doing by myself to get away from daily hassles. So a bird watching trip I thought would make a good birthday gift for myself.

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

Tundra Swans on Safety Sound east of Nome, Alaska.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Marlton, NJ

That's a beautiful scene!

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice geese adel and a beautiful Alaska pic!

Klamath River, CA

Heron..... about a hundred yards down the Klamath River from where the Canada Geese were.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Heron says, "I'm cute!" Thanks for the great pic! :)

Marlton, NJ

Bought one of these sandwich suet feeders the other day. I'm hoping the Red bellieds will use it. I'm only hanging this out while I'm home to keep an eye on it. I have it hanging from the decks woooden lattice awning so I have to watch so squirrels don't destroy it or the log feeder.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

The first one to land on it was of course a juvenile Starling. He didn't eat from it, just wanted to sit on it.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Klamath River, CA

Went looking for Osprey today. Saw four but couldn't get any pictures. One of them took a fish right in front of me. Had to settle for this dove.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Nice pic adel.

Weather is terrible here for pictures but here's a juvenile Blue Jay sounding off making a real racket.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Another

Thumbnail by pelletory
Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Wow, Pelletory!! With all the Blue Jays I have in my back yard, I have never seen a juvenile. How cool is that!

Marlton, NJ

Well, the awful sound he makes caught my attention right away; otherwise I might not have noticed him among the other blue jays. He's been following his parents everywhere fluttering his wings begging for food. He seems big enough to be getting his own food but who could blame him to keep trying.

Klamath River, CA

Had to settle for a Merganser today.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

I believe this to be a juvenile Redwing. This is the first year the adults have stayed here through the nesting season.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Brewers female

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

This Scrub Jay is showing his displeasure. Since I was visible, there should have peanuts waiting!

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics guys!

Love the pic of the Scrub Jay tiger!

Marlton, NJ

Juvenile Robin (2 pics)

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

side view

Thumbnail by pelletory
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

How cute, pell! When I lived at the coast we had lots of Robins, but don't see many here in summer.

Klamath River, CA

No new birds today (too hot to go anywhere) so I thought I would post this new visitor to the feeder.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Oh I love Chipmunks they are so fun to watch.

I had an exciting happening yesterday. I opened the sliding door to walk out onto the deck and here I startled a Flicker that was down on the ground near my back fence! I looked for him with my camera but couldn't find him but I was still so happy to see their still around near my property. They are just so beautiful.

Marlton, NJ

male cowbird

Don't see these very often.

Thumbnail by pelletory

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.