Keep the Forum active.

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Too funny, he'd miss all your plants..... :)) My husband and I have been married for 31 years and he too is really a good guy to have around, it'll just take him a bit longer to get used to all these plants :)) It is a new addiction for me...

He has installed a couple of grow lights for me and doesn't say a word when I head to the plant department at Lowe's or HD when we make it to the city. So he's coming around. LOL

~Brenda

This message was edited Jul 5, 2007 9:40 PM

(Zone 1)

I have a Canon PowerShot A80 and I love it. Hubby bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago. I am a novice at photography and just wanted a lightweight camera that was easy to use. I don't have a clue to any of the settings! I just leave it on the Auto setting and look and push the button! I am not technically inclined like my husband ... but we had an old VERY heavy 35mm camera that I just got tired of having to carry around! This one is small and very light ... makes it so nice to carry on vacation!

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Guess what I did today, I got out the instruction book for my camera and looked up close ups and found a step I was not taking and after practicing a bit I've been able to take much better close ups this morning!! I should have known it's user error. LOL They aren't as nice as those macro photos of yours Rose but for now I'm thrilled to be able to get some better close ups. Now if I could the color to come more true I'd have everything!

~Brenda

The shot of mother lipstick I took this morning after reading the instructions

Thumbnail by bmedel
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

That's a great photo Brenda! I'm glad you found the macro settings. Are you using the flash? I know that sometimes its unavoidable, but I prefer to take my close-ups in natural light. I either take my plants outside and shoot out of direct sunlight, but with lots of bright light, or I set them under my little desk lamp with a "natural" light bulb in it, as the above photos were done.

But I think your close-up is great! I love it when the fuzz shows up!

Karen

See these two photos I posted last night on the Mid-Atlantic Forum, "Show me your reds..."

To keep on subject, this is a rex begonia "Escargot", that I haven't re-potted yet, but may put in a terrarium!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3699409
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3699410

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I have it set to auto flash right now, so I'll try turning that off and see what I get, maybe that is my color issue!! I took a picture of my foxgloves this morning outside in morning light with no flash comingon and I think they turned out good so maybe that is it! I think the reason I love these Kohlerias is because they remind me of the foxglove blooms (one of my most favorite outside flowers) but with only one bloom at a time of course. LOL

Thanks for the tip!!

~Brenda

Thumbnail by bmedel
Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Oh what a beauty and the fuzziness is cool!! I don't think I'm going to get my foxgloves into a terrarium so I got way off topic here. LOL!!!!

~Brenda

I agree... I love foxgloves too! But my interest in them came from being a medic... foxglove's latin name is digitalis, as I'm sure most know... as in the digitalis that makes Digoxin, one of the most potent and common heart medications on the market today!

Another great photo BTW!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.