What can anybody tell me about Plume Poppy

That wasn't hard, I found the thread in the Hypertufa and Concrete Forum-
http://davesgarden.com/place/t/738626/

Looks as if we did have the vein side of the leaves to the birdbath. Good we did something right because in re-reading some of my posts, we forgot the fiberglass tape and the plastic wrap that would have brought the design of our leaves out more. I'll post an update on photos. This first project might be a flop but we can still use the bird baths even if they don't have a crisp imprint in them.

First project wasn't a flop entirely but forgetting to use the cellophane over the top of the mounds didn't exactly bring out the design in the birdbaths as I had envisioned.

Overall, they're functional and nice looking even though the leaf designs don't show all that well. Must remember to use cellophane or plastic next time!

Thumbnail by Equilibrium
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

As soon as it cools down a bit here in PA, I will take pix of some of the other leaves I have made in the last two workshops. We didn't soak our leaves in water. Just let them out for the rain to wash over them. I want to take a pix of the real leaf with the cement leaf next to it, for comparison. Right now, we have been having 95-100 degrees and that is hot for PA. When it cools down a bit, I'll start doing something with the cement leaves & post them here.

We've got the same wonderful weather you just described. I think it was darn near 100F in the shade before the clouds rolled in and cooled things down a bit. Temps like this are too hot for any of us to get much done outside.

I'd love to see your photos when it cools down a bit outside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.