Centrifugal foggers/humidifiers

Tempe, AZ

Hi all. Im pretty happy with my GH setup these days, but high temps in the summer are a problem here in AZ. I have my GH floor 2 feet deeper than grade, shadecloth, have an evap cooler connected to a ranco thermostat, automatic vents, and I have a pro misting system installed on a timer (1000 psi, really super low flow nozzles. Hard plumbed from ceiling. When on, its like a cloud forest, seriously). My only other wish list item is a centrifugal fogger for attachment to the thermostat so it will cycle with the evap cooler. As we hit consistent triple digits here in the Valley of the Sun, some of my tropicals are looking a bit sad. Any recommendations on good units, at a reasonable price? I see charlies has one that Im interested in, but $400 seems a bit steep!
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
DD

Springfield, MO(Zone 6a)

How about some pictures?
Do you treat your water you use for fogging?

Don't know about the Charleys centrifugal fogger but they certainly have a good selection of equipment.

Dave.

Tempe, AZ

You know what, thats a good idea. Ill take some pics this weekend and post. Ive been hesitant for some unknown reason, but Ill do that. It may help other GH owners.
DD

Fulton, MO

Jaybird has several different foggers. I have the Aquafog 400. I have managed to position it so that when run with untreated water it doesn't leave deposits on the plants. It is good for a 10-15% bump in the RH midday.

Tempe, AZ

Dern, forgot the pics today. Tomorrow. I have an RO filter in the gh with 110 gal of storage. No shortage of treated water, so no worries there.
DD

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.