I don' t think I have ever seen this combination....

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Elaine our morning news said we would get rain this am, a few drops is all that showed up. We need it so bad. My daylilies are dying to the ground. Hope they come back next year.

No rain here either. :-( I put all my house plants out to get a drink. Should have known. You know how those weather liars are. LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I love seeing pictures of my babies in other gardens! LOL We need the rain too...we did get a little shower night before last, and about two minutes worth yesterday....but we need goo hard solid and steady rain for several hours....may need to find out about rain dances...lol

Jim, I hope your daylilies come back too! It is so hard to watch things die back in the heat. I have SIBS that are just brown and ugly, I just got them this year, I most likely lost most of them.

Our county has a complete ban on outdside watering right now. So rain is our only hope!

I am going to the beach tomorrow for five days, so I won't be on here till next week. Everyone have a wonderful week, and take care!
Janet

Oh Janet ... you * lucky dog * you!! Now you know the beach is my fav place!! Which one are you going to?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

We will be on the West end of Panama City Beach. We love it there, been going down for about twenty years or more....my favorite place too.

Janet,

Your garden is glorious!! I'm going to study your pictures to steal...I mean, get some ideas!

I was just commenting last night that my chrysanthemums didn't bloom last fall as they normally do, but instead started blooming around April of this year. Completely and totally out of order from their genetic programming of setting buds with the advent of short days. And they'd still be blooming hardily if I hadn't trimmed them all back last week in preparation of (hopefully) this fall's blooms!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

The beach! You just got back from the beach. Have a blast and eat some shrimp for me!

Yeah ... no fair! LOL Have yourself a great time ... and while you're at it ... have a good time for me, too!! ;)

Whew ... by the way ... it's raining cats and dogs out there!! Is anyone else getting any of this liquid sunshine?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I just got a sprinkle, enough to make my flowers mad! The wind must have blown it your way, Elaine.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Janet, the bee balm is in the ground, and hope it likes full sun, cause thats what its got, and I thank you again.Have a wonderful time at the beach, and don't think of what ever you left behind, or you didn't leave it behind.Mike

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Mike, you're a wise ol' owl! LOL!

Keep the roots moist on the bee balm.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Mine is ni full sun too..it will thrive! Thanks everyone I will have a blast, love it...and I never need whatever it is I leave behind.....I never miss it anyway..lol Have a great week while I am gone and do those rain dances...LOL

We sure did get some wonderful rain today. It's still sprinkling! :) Hope everyone else gets some ... but of course not Janet while she's at the beach! LOL Janet ... toot the horn if you're driving down 75, and I'll wave at ya! ~~~

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Won't be heading down 75, we are going to PC Beach in Florida, but will be heading down 85S to 231S...so I will just honk all the way down just in case some of you are on my way!!! LOL We will be leaving in the morning. I don't know what the forcast is, but I don't mind if it rains. It normally will rain this time of year at the beach in the early morning or in the afternoon just in time to cool things off for the sunset....either way I love being near the water and just hearing it!

We got a few sprinkles but not enough here in North Georgia. I hope we are in line for some more too!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Janet you know you can use your dish water and shower water to water your plants, just a thought. I had a friend on here suggest putting 5 gal. buckets in the shower lol My luck I would fall over them lol I hate this drought, we haven't been told not to use the water yet but I'm sure it's coming! I had to pick this year to make so many large beds lol

Have a fun trip!

Thomson, GA

dstartz,

2 of my mums started blooming last week. The last few years I have pinched them back so they would bloom when they were supposed to, but they were so pretty I decided not to. Lovely burgandy color.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

About mums, what does it actually hurt to bloom now, or would they bloom twice, in this case, if not, I have some nipping to do.Mike

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine are full of buds and starting to open too.

All you mum folks need to post over at the thread where we're trying to get Dave to give us a mum forum! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/731769/

Donna

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

I used to pinch back the mums when I lived in the north and that worked, but down here I found that they just burnt up when they bloomed later so now I let them bloom when they want (which in some cases is now).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.