I don' t think I have ever seen this combination....

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Not in my Garden anyway....I have Iris, Daylilies, Butterfly Bush and Lantana all blooming at the same time...lol Here is proof....it is amazing to me. Anyone else have things blooming "out of season"...

Thumbnail by JanetS
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Janet that Iris is really late. Can't remember ever having one this late in the year. Pretty combo.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Jim, I wouldn't have believed it if someone had said "I have Iris blooming now" LOL that is why I thought I better post a picture! LOL Hope you and Bobbie are doing well. The heat is really ugly here right now...the last couple of days have been really bad!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I have iris still blooming also. Some of them are Janet's great Aunt's iris and some are a few I bought in a co-op last year.

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

And ... they all co-ordinate so nicely together! Is this your yellow/lilac bed?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL..all of my beds are hodge podge....I WISH I had planned more than I did...but they work for me...thanks!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Hodge podge, you must be a southern lady. LOL

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Spoken like a true southern lady.I don't think I have ever seen iris blooming this late.However, my iris hardly bloomed at all, this year. Mike

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL...Southern for sure! Born and raised in Georgia! LOL

Well, Southern Lady, I am enjoying that hodge podge!

GGG

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL..me too GGG! Here is another shot of my hodge podge...lol

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Another....

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Same bed....different view...lol

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Upper part of this bed...it was enlarged last year...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

The top side...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful, Janet!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Deb....I am really enjoying everything that is blooming right now...and the Lantana is getting started along with the Butterfly Bushes...so it is going to take on a whole new look in a few weeks...I just get tired of the beauty!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Janet do you have any Japaneese Kerria?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I do...and I love it...I put it in this spot last year and it is spreading nicely!

Thumbnail by JanetS
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I have the double. I believe your is single. Want a rooting of it?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

You can see it in the background of this picture, next to the downspout, this was taken the end of April and it was done blooming...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I would love a rooting of it! Thanks so much for the offer!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is another picture of the Jacob Cline Bee Balm....Mike if you would like some, let me know.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Janet - were those peonies I saw (near the downspout) or something else? My beebalm isn't blooming yet. What fertilizers etc do you use to get such a nice display of color?

Janet, you have me salavating, you know I would love some of those.They are trully beautiful.Mike

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Artgal, Yes those are peonies...here is a better picture of them...they smell like roses and I know the name but can't think of it right this minute..lol

I really don't use a lot of anything for fertilizing...lol I do amend my soil and put down some extra top soil and mix in some aged manure on occassion, I may throw some of those granules around from time to time as well, but I am not systematic about any of it..I have to much to care for...lol The Bee Balm is just healthy and hard to kill I guess! LOL

Thumbnail by JanetS
Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

The peonies are doing great. I'd heard they don't do well in Georgia - mine grew from bulbs last year and have returned - but no blooms as yet.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

It took mine a while to get going....I have several new ones that may bloom next year...but might still be too small...they take a while to get going, but once they do, they are there for good!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Your flowers are just beautiful Janet! I just bought four kinds of lantana. My irises didn't bloom this year either.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks! I love Lantana, I have seven kinds I think...three sprawling in yellow, white, and Lavenda, a medium sized red, the usual orange and yellow, the pink/lilac one, and I had a variegated yellow, but I don't think it is going to return. The butterflies and Hummers love them.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, I am sending the bee balm, I am sending mostly roots though, they will grow really easily too, so even though the box is small, it will make big plants..lol enjoy!

Thank you Janet, we will cross in the mail.I sent you some stamps this morning.Thank you so very much.Mike

BTW, is lantana easy to root, or have you tried it? I tried it in a "rush" situation, and too heavy acid, and they broke off where the acid line was, so I know you don't use heavy hormone on them.Just like to know, I have friends with different types.Again,Mike

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I think the easiest way to root it is to use the "lay a brick on a piece till it roots" method....lol I have found that to work quite well for me on most of my Southern Shrubs....lol I just take a branch and dig out the dirt a little so it is touching the soil and lay a brick or rock on top of it to keep it in contact with the ground till it roots....you could most likely throw some dirt over it too it you want, or scratch the underside up a bit. But I know I have rooted lantana from it just laying on the ground, while still attached to the mother shrub...and the just cut them off and plant them.

I have NOT tried to root it otherwise. Thought about putting some in the bubbler and seeing what happens, but right now, it is the perfect time to use the brick method on most all of them...lol

Package went out...DC03061070000167506114

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the pink one I have too....

Thumbnail by JanetS

Do they attract the hummers, like the red?The hummers are partial to red, they even go for my red hat.Mike

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

The Red is the Best for the hummers! I have one that just lives in that clump every morning, getting his fill!

Hi Janet ...
Just thought this would be the perfect place to share pics of your gorgeous daylillies that are blooming in my yard right now. :) Thanks so much for sharing them with me. I had them at my old house and have always wanted more. Now I'll think of you each time I water and watch them bloom. :)

Thumbnail by

Another view.

Thumbnail by
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Isn't Janet a sweetie pie? Here's just a sample of some daylilies and Jacob Cline Bee Balm she shared with me. It makes a nice combination.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg

Sure is. I have an iris too. Cant wait for it to bloom. Looks like we'll all be thinking about Janet! LOL Our 12:00 news said we'd be getting rain this afternoon. I sure hope so! The daylillies and iris will sure love it ... and so will all my other plants ... including my maters! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.