Critter, I'll give you a thread!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

here's your Brunnera. They are growing but may have preferred not to get two of the last three days' daily after noon showers. Now under cover.

Thumbnail by sallyg

some purple lysimachia and a tall green thing- could this be Not Choc Daisy?

Thumbnail by sallyg

columbine and corydalis growing. There's a three pack of something that looks a lot like the Brunnera but not quite sure..

Thumbnail by sallyg

these three basils just smelled so good I had to play with them. I potted together for now-Red something and Minette?? two of the three were labeled and their pots are out there saved, but nobody's perfect, esp when she brings a thousand plants to a swap!
spelling

This message was edited Jun 14, 2007 9:13 AM

Thumbnail by sallyg
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That 3-pack isn't Brunnera, I'm pretty sure it's Penstemmon Digitalis. I did have all my cell packs labeled, but then I started cutting them up to share them around, and some ended up without labels... Yep, that's a 'Red Bordeaux' basil and a 'Minette', but I'm not sure about the third one... give it a sniff... might be an Italian one that didn't grow out quite right (leaves should be crinkled, but flavor is still good on the plain leaf rogues), or it could possibly be a Lime basil.

I thought I had all the not-chocolate-daisy labeled, but maybe I missed a pot... your "tall green thing" does look like it. I'm sorry not to have an ID on this plant... I'm thinking it's some sort of perennial sunflower type of thing... but you'll like it, I think. Mine has already started blooming, and if it performs as it did last year it'll keep pumping out the blooms until fall. The butterflies adore it, especially those little skippers!

thanks - the unknown was labeled 3-4 feet yellow blooms, or somethig like that so I thought it was that NCD

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

yep, that's the one... I can just see it now, a couple years down the road we'll all be passing this plant along, and it will become known "officially" as not-chocolate-daisy! LOL

Just Plantfiled the Penstemon- looks great! thanks for shoving it in my hand at the last minute! I do think you told me the name at the time.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL... there was a lot of that last minute sort of thing going on... I think that's how I ended up with your lovely fern!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.