Welcome to the Rabbit Hole, "DirtLuva"!!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Please say hello to my leetle friend. I just convinced her to join DG today. HOORAY!!!

xoxo
moi

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome, DirtLuva!

We get a little silly here sometimes, but we're a friendly bunch... and it's wonderful to be able to "talk plants" with folks whose eyes don't glaze over after 30 seconds!

I hope you'll feel at home in no time. :-) Don't hesitate to ask questions... and if you're around this evening, drop by the chat room (open Tuesday nights and Thursday mornings; you'll see a link when you log in)... conversation there gets even more random, but just jump right in and post, don't worry about interrupting. I'll probably drop in tonight, but not until after dark -- too much to do outside!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi DirtLuva!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi DirtLuva! any friend of wrightie's is now a friend of mine in DG at least. So whatcha got for next swap? we need fresh blood......beware if you post alot you may end up being called Dirt, right Critter?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, we could just call her "Luv!"

I think people know me more as "Critter" than as "Jill" on DG, and that's fine... it's been a nickname of mine from time to time, and I answer to it, LOL. On the other hand, "Crit" makes me cringe a bit because it sounds like a lab test (short for hematocrit, part of a CBC or complete blood count). :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

My vote is for DirtyLuv...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Welcome. We are always looking for more gardeners. I like that idea for next years swap. What do you grow? (Leering over the fence to see what can be gathered.)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I guess she's too shy to stick a toe in here. We must be really scary. She grows rabbit and deer food as far as I'm aware.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome DirtLuva! We hope to see you posting on this forum and through out Dave's Garden!

rounds out the assortment as we know there's lots of groundhog food being grown.
critter- I would never say crit for that reason. I think critter is cute.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey!!! We are ALL "Dirt Lovers"!
You will fit right in. It never freaks me out to see someone with dirt under their fingernails. It just tells me that person is "down to earth" and has NO hangups about it.

Welcome and please post a lot of pictures of YOUR Garden.

Gita

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Dirtluva. Enjoy, it's addicting!
Jen

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Welcome, Dirtluva! Maybe having all us plant nuts converge on her is a bit scary. LOL

Hi, Jen! How ya ben? Need any green liriope? I have reason now to rip out 20 square feet.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally, what type of liriope is it? Muscari? I'm not asking because I'm interested in it (already have plenty), but am curious if it's the clumping vs spreading type.

seems to be the spreading. Runners come out a few inches into the dirt or between the rocks of the border. Hosta would be much better behaved along those rocks.
I have variegated , apparently clumping type that doesn't run like this.

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

wrightie: I was wondering if this was one of your imaginary friends, but I checked the member list page at is does seem like somebody with that name that lives in Chesapeake, VA signed up on Jun 11.

http://davesgarden.com/members/Dirtluva/

Dirtluva: Welcome! During a vacation to Virginia Beach last year I snuck over to the Norfolk Botanical Garden and I was very impressed.

- Brent

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I think we have terrified Dirtluva! She is running for cova.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

"Hello. My name is Wrightie and I am a compulsive liar. Nice to meet you."

... actually, I believe that she's been a wee bit under the weather this week.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

oops

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 9:05 PM

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Brent... ROFLMAO!!! I was thinkin' the same thing... (Actually wrightie, I like your style... you and I need to "chat" more)

Welcome Dirtluva! Please join in! Don't be afraid... if my hubby can manage the plant swap, I'm sure you will be just fine! ;-)

Karen

Chesapeake, VA

Hello and thanks for the welcome. I finally figured out how to get to the thread and respond thanks to Wrightie.

I love to garden just don't know the names of most things.

Just getting my feet wet on this so bare with me.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Haha, you doubting Thomas' & Thomasina's!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Wrightie savors her vindication. LOL

Dirtluva, my aunt, who is close to 90, has lived in Chesapeake since it was just country. It sure has changed in her lifetime. They always had a wonderful garden and grew the biggest watermelons I've ever seen.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi, DirtyLuv. Just catching up on posts after vacation. I hang around a lot with these folks, even though it is a far stretch to say I'm mid-Atlantic. Everyone is so nice here I just keep coming back for more.

Chris

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

And we love you for it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.