Help! I just bought more seeds!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Can you believe it???? I haven't even finished planting the stuff I started this winter and I've ordered a bunch of half-priced seeds from T & M. . . . . I think I may have a problem . . . lol

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You need help..... Help with the digging and planting, that is! :-)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, I have about 20 more delphiniums to plant - and 2 candy lilies (now that I know which one they are) - but I have stuff I don't have room for. I really want the wallflowers - but what will I do with them until fall when they will go in the front garden? And columbine - I have sooo much columbine. Then there are all the seedlings for the park (that are still not planted) and clasping coneflowers. and Echinecea (sp) How are these different from purple coneflowers (only one of these but probably 30 echinecea).

And snapdragons - i must have 40 - 50 of these seedlings. And red poppies, still have about 12 of these (don't know if they are perennial or annual). And then there are the 30 or so lavender plants. sigh . . . I must be nuts.

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, you definitely need planting help. Sounds pretty, send pictures.

I am planning my want list for next year, I still have a dozen plants I haven't planted yet.

It is very addicting, this seed planting stuff. I can think of worse addictions though.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

True . . . but DH is going to have a hard time understand EVEN MORE seeds lol. I just cleared off the verandah (seedlings on the truck bed now).

I finished planted the impatiens, still have lots more to do . . .

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Seeds on SALE are always a sure bet! (Bet you can't resist them!) You'll just have more beautiful plants blooming in your garden!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yeah . . . but guess what - I keep thinking of things I should have ordered like candy lily seeds. I have two little seedlings from the seeds I sowed (my fault - I lost the label for the container and babied what are probably more columbine! I have sooo much columbine!)

Sigh . . . is this like collecting stamps? You can never get to many?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

So true....one can never have too many plants! :~) If you do, swap them with friends! Your Columbine will be gorgeous next Spring! Just you wait!! They are one of my favorite flowers!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

I had a bumper crop of

Veronica - Sightseeing Mix
Blue Bedder Salvia
Double Tall Strawflowers
Blue Hyssop
Petunias - Doubles, 4 different kinds you can never have too many
Achilla Summer Berries Mix
Dahlias 4 different kinds you can never have too many

I thought I had not started them in the GH or lost them so I read about starting in the coffee filters and started some more, guess what,... I had not lost the previous starts and ALL of my seed germinated, BOTH times. Next year I WILL keep better records of what got started and what didn't & what I lost. I lost some stuff but I still had plenty of other stuff.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Darn it! Me too! I placed an order with T&M and then went and placed a second order the next day! I have them both, but now I saw something I want to add. See the Achillea 'Summer Berries' on Dylancgc's list? I'm thinking ......no! NO! Well, I wish I had bought the seeds. Or the plants from Bluestone! I think it will look really pretty with coneflowers. I *must* have it! No, wait, I can buy it from Bluestone in the fall. But then it won't bloom this year, when you really really want it. No, NEED it NOW! LOL! I feel like one of those cartoons-- I have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other.

Mr. Clean is out of town, but I have to have the patio cleared off by the time her gets home Friday afternoon. I have been a planting fool this week, but then I could say that for the last 7 weeks! It never ends.

Suzy

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Suzy - I am so glad it's not just me!

Of course, I forgot to order snapdragons! and batchelor buttons - and baby's breath - all the useful stuff! In fact, I don't think very much can even be winter sown - how stupid is that???

Here is the list (maybe some of the seeds will be useful for trading/sharing)

1 of [1356] Cobaea scandens [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.62 each
1 of [1490] Dahlia variabilis Cactus Hybrids Mixed [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.47 each
1 of [1498] Dahlia variabilis Giant Hybrids Mixed [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.47 each
1 of [1705] Ipomoea alba [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $2.37 each
1 of [2733] Echinacea purpurea Magnus [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.72 each
1 of [3025] Lupin hartwegii ssp. cruickshankii Sunrise [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.47 each
1 of [3164] Malva sylvestris Mystic Merlin [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.22 each
2 of [3180] Carnation : Trailing Carnations Mixed [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $0.49 each
1 of [3428] Flowering Cabbage Northern Lights Mixed F1 [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $2.12 each
1 of [4249] Papaver orientale Fruit Punch [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.47 each
1 of [4471] Foxglove : Candy Mountain [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.47 each
1 of [4526] Primula auricula Viennese Waltz [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.97 each
3 of [6139] Impatiens walleriana Accent Mystic Mixed F1 [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.62 each
1 of [6358] Ipomoea purpurea Mixed [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.62 each
1 of [6489] Sweet Pea : Fragrantissima [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.62 each
1 of [7174] Brugmansia suaveolens [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $2.47 each
1 of [7175] Datura metel Double Golden Queen [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.97 each
1 of [7182] Datura metel Double White Lady [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.97 each
1 of [7773] Datura metel La Fleur Lilac [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.97 each
1 of [8605] Rudbeckia occidentalis Green Wizard [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.97 each
1 of [9269] Buddleja davidii Mixed [HALF PRICE SALE] @ $1.47 each
1 of [1705a] Ipomoea Alba - FREE SEEDS @ $0.00 each

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

yes, it is an addiction. I am planning a second GH. My GH is just 6' x 8' and not nearly large enough to hold everything. I am looking for somewhere to put things while hardening off. I may do one of the hoop houses for that. I also saw a pvc GH and am thinking about that. Last winter the spare bathroom was FILLED with plants all winter, it has a skylight so it is great for plants. It's amazing how big the bathroom was when I removed all the plants this spring.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes! My veranda seemed vast - and barren when I removed all the seedlings to the backyard.

I am filling up the blank spot by moving the orchid cactuses (Christmas and Easter) outside, along with the Amaryllis. They are keeping company with a potted gardenia, a large brug, three recently arrived baby brugs, and seven baby blackcurrant swirl datura (which I grew myself from seed!)

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

It's so much fun to have people come to my garden and say "Where did you find that, I'll have to go get me some." I grew it from seed in my GH. I like doubles in almost everything and I can't find many doubles around here and I'm cheap, I can do the work and start them myself much cheaper than buying them. I also get a better selection of colors then at the nursery.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Not to beat a dead horse, but did anybody notice the coupon for free shipping with their recent T&M order? It was on the envelope that was included in theother box so you could mail another order in. :))

Suzy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.