DAILY PICTURES Vol. 13

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Since our daily posts have slowed down a lot now that summer weather is finally here and we are all working hard outside, I thought we should start a new thread to rekindle some interest. This is the season of busy parents and birdie kidlets.

Here are some pictures of a pair of house wrens that have a brood in one of my back yard houses. Here is one of them telling me to 'Go away!"

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is Momma (or Dada - I can't tell) with some yummy vittles.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here we are, leaving the house for more food with the kids cheeping in the background.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

one last pose...

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is the brown thrasher who has become a pretty regular customer at the platform feeder for breakfast and dinner. He (or she) also loves hunting in the big daylily beds and flinging mulch around.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

honing in on a yummy nugget lol

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here are the mockingbird triplets sitting in the platform feeder all at the same time. Right after I took this picture they all flew after the parent into the back yard. The bird on the left took off by stepping on top of the middle triplet and pushing off on its back and head! They are so funny.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is one of them getting ready to beg from its parent.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

They just love to look in the dining room lol!

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

they would be so afraid to be this close to me if I were outside but don't mind looking at me through the window.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Your great pics made my afternoon!!! Thanks lilyfantn! When I get a new camera I will also share my birds! The old camera bit the dust... :(

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you are cameraless Grandmaggie!! But you know.... on further reflection, this could be a great opportunity to "upgrade" lol! Do you have a particular camera in mind?

and thanks for the nice comments and making my day!

Marlton, NJ

Great pics LIly!! I love the first Thrush pic and those little mocks are too cute!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Lilyfan!! How cute they are.. That first pose of the 3 babies is primo!!

The Mocks are so entertaining!!

:-Deb

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Lily, delightful to say the least!!!!

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lilyfantn yes I am reading the ads. I am a woman of modest means! My brother will help me pick one out when I am ready to purchase one. So in the meantime I will enjoy everyones great pics!!! :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't have any nesting shots, but I did catch a goldfinch eating my zinnia petals ...

Thumbnail by linda_nc
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Beautiful and so colorful! :)

Marlton, NJ

Linda, Gorgeous shot!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

That is beautiful Linda! I didn't know goldfinches did that!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks! I didn't know they ate zinnias either, but I watched him munch away for about 5 minutes.

Glenview, IL

Wow-I am so glad I ventured in -Lillyfantn So beautiful, great shot of the one looking in.
Linda-I love finches how wonderful he contrast in your garden.
Judy

Marlton, NJ

SO hot here today that I put out 2 extra bird baths.

Here's a Robin on one of them.

Thumbnail by pelletory

He looks like one happy little refreshed birdie, Pelle!!
Love the goldfinch in the Zinnias!!

Glenview, IL

Oh, Pell-
Awsom, I just love watching birdas in the bath-Great great shot!

Citra, FL

What a great thread....you guys have outdone yourself on pictures this time.....oh my what fabulous pictures....that goldfinch picture is pretty enough to frame! Susan, all those are fabulous, I LOVE the baby mocks....what a great picture! Helen, wonderful robin picture, he looks a little miffed that you interrupted his bath. Great great pics.

Citra, FL

Susan, whats that bird seed mix you have there? It looks good enough to eat...did you buy it that way, or did you mix it yourself?

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

We left some trees grow that were here before the house. We now have a variety of wild cherry/berry trees that keep the birds happy all summer and fall. This tree is atracting much attention from robins and waxwings.

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Here are three of the berry eaters.

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Marlton, NJ

Great pic cpart! I just love those guys!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks, I nearly laughed at the first guy looking right at me. I love their mask! They looked like bandits raiding the tree! The tree is inches from the deck that I was sitting on. The big problem I have is that the sun is behind the tree facing us when they come in to eat.

Marlton, NJ

Not a great pic but heres a juvenile Robin with his parent.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

All great pics! :)

Great photos - love the Waxwings!

Pelle, the young robin is adorable!

Citra, FL

Helen, that baby is adorable! I dont get robins nesting here, they must all go north for that. Great picture!

I'm guessing this robin is off to feed babies somewhere . . .

Thumbnail by Murmur
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful pic with the green background Murmur!

Thanks, Pelle - the green is the tiny grove of Alder trees that the owners of that property left for me when they clear cut three years ago.

Here's a Great Blue Heron w/his reflection. I took a ton of these, but none were as good as I had hoped. This one's not too bad, though.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful Murmur!!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

What a beautiful bird that is Murmur!!

And what a great catch on those waxwings cparts!!

Don't you just love this bird family time of year? I now have house wrens nesting in a house in the front yard and in the back yard. I haven't checked on them in a while so I camped out a little in both places to see what was going on. The back yard pair have boisterous babies in their house so I think it won't be long till the leave the box. I got a few pictures of the adults scolding me..

Thumbnail by lilyfantn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.