Happy Birthday, laurawege!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

We share birthdays! Hope your day is wonderful. DH and DD and boyfriend are taking me to this wonderful Chinese restaurant, and later we are going to see pirates of the caribean III 'cause you can't get too much Orlando Bloom! On, the other hand, my 19 year old prefers Johnny Depp - who could be her father - go figure!

What are your plans for the day?

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

hi seandor
I forgot that we shared a birthday happy birthday to you!
yesterday I did my favorite things because it was my birthday I went to a garden center ! with my best friend Phylis ( my husband gave me a gift certificate for" Windy Lo" : )) I got a new rose called passionate kisses its a beauty I hope it will be a good one . On Sunday my family brought a party to me . I knew they were coming but it was a surprise HOW MANY OF THEM WERE COMING! it was great I didn't have to do a thing and I got to see aunts and uncles, cousins my siblings, everyones kids, it was great we had such a great time I almost forgot that I turned 50!
laura

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

It's great to have a party when you turn 50 years young!

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

it was very nice

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Happy birthday Laura! I hope it's wonderful!

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

I just found this thread, But I have to wish you happy bithday again! It was a fun party!
((((Laura))))
Your Sibling

Happy birthday to you , too, Seandor!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Oceangirl and Laura are sisters? way coool!

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, it is true, oceangirl is my sibling dut dut daaaaaah and a darn good one too! thanks for the birthday wishes
and thanks oceangirl for the party !
laura

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very cool! How long have you known each other? ;^)

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

About 50 years NOW!!! LOL

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

That's about how long I've known my sister! What a coincidence!

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

lol
When I first met her she was pretty short, and she couldn't talk- but she made a lot of noise!

She turned out pretty good!

yw for the party, Laura.

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

I still make a lot of noise!!lol
laura

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

So Oceangirl is the big sister.

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Lol Yes, I'm taller, too!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

But taller and older doesn't necessarily make you bigger :-)

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

I am not so sure if she is taller maybe at kassia's house we will stand back to back and see : ) I think she is shrinking at her age ; )
laura

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Hmmm.... could be

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Aren't younger siblings annoying? ;^)

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Why, yes, now that you mention it... They sure ARE!!!!
;)

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

lol... you guys are funny.... so I will get to see the 2 sisters.... and my 2 sisters will be there!!!! and yes I am the oldest!!!!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm a middle (of three brothers that is) Sis is the oldest.

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

Any other gardeners in the family, Dave?

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

I am third from the top ( cindy IS the top) I think you and me and ma are the gardeners in the family. Gramy and Grampa gardened too. Remember when grampa charlie used to take us out after a rain to pick mushrooms in the wood around lake Cochituate? , We would pick them then bring them back to his house and he would cook them in butter yummy. He knew all the mushrooms I realy wish I had paid attention!
laura

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Laura I have always been afraid of mushrooms...

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

You're afraid of mushrooms? Why? They don't bite . . . and they can't kill you - unless you bite them - and even then, it would have to be deadly, poisonous mushrooms.

Now falling down . . . that's something to be afraid of - you can get hurt falling down - which is why I am one of the few Canadians that can neither ski nor skate lol

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

kass you have to know which mushrooms to eat and they are delicious . but I don't so the only ones I eat now are from the grocery store. I don't like to fall down either but what I am really afraid of is the great big mouse at chuckie cheese
ewww he gives me the willies
laura

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

LOL I am afraid of Rats (Sounds like he qualifies)
I love mushrooms... I remember Grampa Collecting them.
Grampa Gene had a big vegetable garden too, and a compost pile
I remember Grammie saying "Come see my posies" and she would take me all around the house to see all of them...

LOL Seandor! yes, falling down is something to be afraid of!!! It has happened to me before... Ouch.

Here is a picture of Laura, our sister Patty, and me in our early gardening days... back then we were into tree work! (It's too hard for us now.) I am the big one standing...Laura is the little one on the left. She was cute, huh? Laura, this was after a visit from the butcher... I look like a boy!!! LOL

Thumbnail by oceangirl
Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

omg remember the butcher? she was a friend of my mothers who "did Hair". Boy did she do our hair ! we all had the same cut, they called it a "pixie"
I guess it could have been worse , it could have been grampa frank, the guy who cut the boys hair! I remember that tree getting hit by lightning I was standing by the kitchen window watching the storm with Kenny moscatelli ( a cousin who could say dirty words in donald duck language) and the tree got hit , the lightning traveled down the tree trunk and across the driveway blowing up sand along the way . the next day uncle red came and cut the tree down because he said it was "shattered" and the only thing holding it together was the bark
laura

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

I was out on the porch in the big green rocking chair with Kathy.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

What a great picture and memories to go along with it! Did you ever imagine that one day you'd be talking together with a bunch of others over the 'internet'?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very cute! Very nice to hear you reminisce (ooh! Spelling). Before you mentioned your cousin's last name, I was already guessing you were Italian- American. I've also "mushroomed" as we called it.

My brother gardens but pretty much focuses on veggies including his famous heirloom tomatoes which one cannot buy seeds for. This brother actually kept at it and still knows which mushrooms to pick as well as how to pickle eggplant and make his own stuffed cherry peppers.

My sister gardens but not to my level of insanity.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh you guys look so cute!!!! I think that kind of hair is universal... I had my hair butchered too!!!!

Dave, nobody in my family gardens at my level of insanity either... my sisters are afraid if I show up with more roses... lol... is pretty pathetic.... I am so glad they are going to meet you guys so they will see that I am not alone!!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

You're definitely not alone Kassia! We're just as nuts as you!

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

oh ya we come from a long line of nuts!
laura

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

We sure do. You should feel right at home!
But Dave, we are not Italian American. Our cousins were. And Our Italian uncle was a
gardener. He had an amazing vegaetable garden and he made the best fired eggplant ever. He had gorgeous roses and African Violets, too.

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

remember Uncle Bruno's mother nonie (sp) and sister erma they had a cellar full of garlic and onions hanging from the rafters
His garden was so beautiful .
laura

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

So cool! Bet there's no vampires in that house!

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

It was! He had lots of zuchinni too- no squash vine borers!

Sofonisba- I don't think I would have believed anyone if they told me about the internet back then. I thought color TV was a miracle!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

It is a miracle! I remember as a kid, talking about the space-age future like it was out of reach. Telephone cords would be miles long so you could go to the grocery store and back and not hang up on your conversation! Ha! I never imagined we'd have cell phones.

Harper

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.