I'm Finally Back Home...

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I had major surgery on Tuesday, May 29th and I'm very happy to be back home.

They performed a scheduled BSO, mass removal & exploratory. However, part of the mass had adhered to the side of my bladder. So, bladder surgery in addition to everything else made for a very long day! I'm told that I was in actual surgery for over 6 hours. The surgeon was very pleased with the surgical outcome, but now we wait for the report from Pathology. Tomorrow, I have to go to my local hospital to have a cysto-urethera gram and make sure that my bladder is functioning properly. On Wednesday, we have my post-op check up scheduled & will hopefully get the report back from Pathology.

Your continued good wishes & prayers are greatly appreciated.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2007 8:30 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Shirley, Glad your back home, sounds like they really did a job on you. Take care and know that I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Roses for you. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Praying real hard for a fast recovery and a good pathology report for you, Shirley. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Sending many big hugs too.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Shoot, what happened to my picture? Try again. Okay, this one ought to make you smile.

Thumbnail by hart
Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

Hope your feeling better soon! Thoughts are with you.

Nanc

Thumbnail by nminmd
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

wishes and prayers for you.

Thumbnail by sallyg

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes!

HollyAnn: Roses always bring a smile to my face! I just adore their aroma.
Hart: What an absolutely precious picture! How did you get them to sit still long enough to snap the picture? Love it!!
Nanc: Thanks so much for your beautiful Daylily picture. It's a beauty!
Sally: Love those first flowers in the Spring! It reminds us that gardening time is here!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

It's been good to see you posting again today! I'm glad you're back home and hope you'll heal and recover quickly. I'll be praying for a clear report from pathology.

*gentle hugs*

Thumbnail by critterologist
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Shirley: I'm so glad the surgery is behind you now. Here's to getting up and about!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Shirley, my friend...I didn't see this thread until today...I'm keeping you close in prayer...please keep us updated. (((Shirley)))

Thumbnail by Chantell

Thanks for the beautiful photos, gentle hugs, and best wishes. They really help!

To give you all an update, I got fantastic news today at my check-up! The best part is it is NOT a recurrence of the tumor in November and it is NOT cancer! It appears to be a smooth muscle tumor that had adhered to my previous incision when I had the Hysterectomy, as well as, to my bladder. Therefore, my recent extensive bladder surgery & reconstruction, in addition to removing the mass & BSO is what I had done last week. Plus, now that my doctor removed the Foley catheter, I can pee "like a lady" again! I know, just what you wanted to hear! :~0

I'm so happy I could sing from the rooftops, but aren't you glad that I won't!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Yeeeehaaaaaaa!! Great news, Shirley!

That's not a photo I shot. A friend sent it to me and I think she found it on one of those funny animal photos pages. I saved it because it's just so darned cute and funny.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

OH I LOVE great news....yipeeee.....To pee or not to pee...sorry couldn't help myself!!

Congratulations? not sure if that's the right word, but it's great you can come to Swap with a light heart!
(hart- I saw that photo before and loved it too)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sally, Shirley isn't going to be able to come to the swap. She's still recovering.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great news Shirley, and a lot more comfortable with that tube out. Take care and get plenty of rest.

Thank you everyone for your very best wishes.

I love your humor Chantell! Laughter is the definitely the very best medicine!!!

No, unfortunately I won't be able to come to the swap because I will still be at home recouperating for at least 7 more weeks. But I look forward to seeing everyone's pictures & hearing a full report about the swap on-line. I'll be there in spirit! :~)

( red face!) I was confused. I thought that was an amazing fast recovery. I'm sorry!
Let me know if I can bring anything back for Shirley? I am not far from Ellicott City.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Shirley: Is there anything you'd like from our "haves" lists?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Well, you two saved me the trouble of sending you dmails to see if you could take Shirley a surprise goody box. Shirley, would you have someone to plant them for you if we send you some plants?

That is SO SWEET of you gals to think of me, but I'm going to have to pass. I've only been out of the hospital for 1 week and I'm definitely not up to potting up plants or planting anything in my garden at this time. My husband and doctor would 'kill' me if they only knew....

I will just sit back and enjoy all the pictures and talk about the swap. Like I said before, I'll be there in spirit! Have a FANTASTIC time!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.