Ladygardener1 news

Crozet, VA

For several months Chris and I have been planning on having lunch when she and her husband traveled through Virginia on their way to The Outer Banks of North Carolina for her vacation. That was supposed to have taken place yesterday.

I spent all morning in great anticipation of the lunch hour. A bit before noon, Chris called my husband's cell phone and said that their car had bronken down only a few hours in to their trip and that they were at that time, running 6 hours behind. I was really let down over this because I have grown quite fond of her kindness towards me and others. She seems to be a very genuine sort of person.

So, when we last spoke about mid afternoon they were still in Morgantown West Virginia waiting for a part for the car. Meeting up was cancelled. Such a let down. She asked that I inform the group of what was going on with her.

A special note to Hollyann who if things had worked out would be receiving a water plant from Chris and delivered by me at the swap. Holly, she had it ready but I doubt that it will survive the next week or so. She said that she would mail you some of the plant when she gets home because she will have loads of it. And she sends a sorry.

So, keep her in your thoughts. What a crappy way to begin what is supposed to be a period of rest and relaxation. In my mind there isn't much of any thing worse than having car troubles when you are going some place special.

It is now Saturday and I hope that everyone will have a good gardening weekend. Last one before the swap. Yippie!!! Have a good one all.

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Poor Chris! We had this happen to us on one vacation. It's awful. I hope they're able to fix their car soon.

Hang in there, Chris.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

The car is repaired enough for us to continue our vacation. The auto repair shop went out of their way to help us get back on the road. We left Morgantown WV at 4:30pm and did not get to our hotel in Willamsburg till Midnight. We never travel at out of town on unfimilar roads night if we can help it.
Another couple joining our group also had truck trouble and they were behind schedule also.

Anyways we are at the beach and enjoying our rental home quite a lot. Nature is grand here!Love watching the crabs digging holes and running sideways.

So sorry I missed Ruby, and Holly I'll send some water plants when I get back.

Chris

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

so glad you're there now. whew!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Chris, if you stop in Williamsburg on the way back, be sure to hit the Williamsburg Pottery.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes...most definately!! Great pots and plants!! Oh...umm, there's other stuff too...LOL

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Already done girls! I picked up a very pretty flower arrangement will take a pic of it when I get back, could not pass up for $5.00.

Chris

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Chris, Don't worry about the plants, just glad you got down to OBX. The beach will wash away all your troubles, or at least make you feel that way. Trips and car problems seemed to follow us around for a couple of years. No matter how hard Ric worked to get the vehicles ready for the trip something would happen. Enjoy the beach.

Crozet, VA

Oh Chris - So glad that you are able to be in touch. Wonderful!!! Oh, the crabs are delightful, aren't they? Have a great week!!!

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.