It's beardless iris season

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Boojum, Neat Trick looks just like mine. The falls are flaring, not droopy. Yours do seem to be a little cupped at the end of the falls, is that what you mean?

Great pics as always!

This message was edited Jun 10, 2007 5:23 PM

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Talked to my iris friend and she said it can have an odd form. I meant that the bottom edge of the falls are not uniform.

So I spent the day giving tours of my garden! What great fun. Thirty two people showed up to oo and ah! Exhausted here. Good night!

Thumbnail by boojum
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Glad that you had folks to admire all of your hard work. Your gardens are so beautiful.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

How lucky your tourists are to see such a beautiful garden up close. The pictures are lovely, but I bet seeing it all up close has to be a whole lot better.

I saw a few visitors at work and they are happy campers that they came!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Really nice to have visitors to admire. But to live in that paradise every day is special. It's a combo of growing plants really well, having a great artists eye, and a heck of a lot of hard work.

Don't forget, good soil and good bright light! Thanx Polly!

Here's Drowsy Maggie.

Thumbnail by boojum
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh....! I like that Drowsy Maggie.

Anne Marie Troger. She is more lavender than this pic.

Thumbnail by boojum

Yes! Drowsy Maggie is so wonderful!
But so is Summer Revels!

Thumbnail by boojum

And look at the blooms on Diana Blue today.

Thumbnail by boojum

Countess Cathleen has more blooms today. She has been tricky to grow here.

Thumbnail by boojum

Pink Peaks, a versicolor.

Thumbnail by boojum

Ranman looks sandwashed.

Thumbnail by boojum

Roaring Jelly again.

Thumbnail by boojum

White laevigata.

Thumbnail by boojum

Sibtosa Princess.

Thumbnail by boojum

White pseudacous.

Thumbnail by boojum
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow! These beardless are outstanding! I ordered my first 2 Siberians this year. I can't wait to see them in bloom. With pictures like yours I will have to have more yet.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, I am in iris overload, but blissfully happy with the show. I swear all these could not have been in the garden on June 3 when I had my tour. Did you put in a second story or is there a secret garden that I missed. Diana Blue is an explosion and my new fav has to be Summer Revels or Dance Suzy. But I could change my mine any second as I love them all. Thanks for the visuals and inspiration. Patti

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

That pic in Post #3608462 is just a WOW!

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

WOW, your garden and land is beautiful!! and the iris just beyond words .......Sharon

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Polly I was going to say that (but I had to go out and get the lawn mowed first)! And Countess Cathleen is beautiful. I can't believe how far hybridizing the sibs has come since I purchased my first in the early nineties. Boojum all of your beardless irises are just drop dead gorgeous! I just wish I had a bigger yard....

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

lovely, boojum!

I do love my siberians the best as you can tell. There are still a few more to go and the japanese have buds, although the rose show is next!! Patti, yes they were all here about to explode! They were just trying to be foliage plants then.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I just posted some iris pictures for id's in the wrong forum. Boojum and anyone else who could help me could you check these out. Thank, how dumb am I? Patti
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3609583
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3609601
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3609639
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3609682
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3609689

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Boojum,
Your garden is magnificent. It is an inspiration to all of us. The siberians are incredible. I did not know how beautiful they could be. But you obviously have lots of other beautiful plants. Congratulations on creating such a beautiful garden. Few parks are as nice.
Betty

Patti, too hard to id sibs! Many are so similar. Is the first white kobana with small flowers?

Here's Sky Wings.

Thumbnail by boojum

Tridentata.

Thumbnail by boojum

Jaybird.

Thumbnail by boojum

Percheron clump.

Thumbnail by boojum

Frosty Rim.

Thumbnail by boojum

Nice NOID from Polly. Nice color.

Thumbnail by boojum

Frosted Cranberry.

Thumbnail by boojum
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I like Sky Wings and Jaybird! I saw one today that a seller referred to a "the reddest one" but it still looked purple to me. What does that mean? Is it hard to get pinks like the bearded variety used to have trouble achieving?

A Siberian novice I am. Can you tell?

The reds are hard to get. But if you put those "reds" next to the rest of the blues, purples, and yellows, you'd definitely refer to them as "red" in comparison, even though they are purple-reds. The versicolors and Japanese are the best pinks. Do you remember the name od the "reddest" one?

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I understand now.

In going back to the site to id the plant, I realize that I misquoted the site. It is one that is "different than any other red". The website is www.homesteadfarms.com I began my search looking for a peony named Red Charm as someone told me that was the reddest one in the peony world. I was amazed at some of the new iris gardens I had discovered in the process. Now to check watchdog.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 6:32 AM

Another day, another sib. Bellissimo.

Thumbnail by boojum

Iris bullyana, thanks to Todd Boland.

Thumbnail by boojum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.