It's beardless iris season

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

My fav flowers just began here. I. lactea is first.

Thumbnail by boojum

Closer.

Thumbnail by boojum

I will post each as they open.

Here's even closer of i. lactea.

Thumbnail by boojum

Today i. typifolia 'Caitlin's Smile' put on a show! A new one for me.

Thumbnail by boojum

And my no name dark velvet purple ones have started against the barn.

Thumbnail by boojum
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is Berlin Netwan a SPEC-X (Species Cross) between Versicolor and Siberian HUGH flower

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Siberian Butter and Sugar

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Siberian Frilly Vanilly

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Siberian GREAT FALLS LOVE

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Siberian Jiggles

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Versicolor Pink Peaks

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Siberain Pirate Prince

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Siberian Rig-A-Marole

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Diploid Siberian Shaker's Prayer

Thumbnail by avmoran
Lebanon, OR

I guess I will have to learn more about the versi color as I really like the one Anita posted and also Rig-A-Marole will have to be added.

D

I love my Pink Peaks! Thanks for the preshow, Avmoran. Mine are brewing here.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I absolutely love Caitlin's Smile. I lost my first one, and it was replaced, and is now doing super well. Can't wait till it looks like yours Boojum.

It seems like it's only one or two seasons old, too. So it must be a good grower.

Here's my NOID siberian.

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's China Spring's first bloom.

Thumbnail by boojum

Here's i. typifolia (but not Caitlin's Smile). First bloom.

Thumbnail by boojum
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I love Jiggles! and a few others too.

China Spring again.

Thumbnail by boojum

Barbara Schmieder. And I know her!!

Thumbnail by boojum

Pseudacorus. Is this bastardii?

Thumbnail by boojum

And another pseudacorus.

Thumbnail by boojum
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful pictures!!! I was wondering if you could advise me...I have many new sibs that were planted this year and a lot of them like they are dead....brown and sad looking...is that normal for newly planted sibs? I am going to try and make a list so I will be able to let the place I ordered them, know if they don't make it...but I have just been concerned. I know you ladies are the epxerts on these so what do you think? My white ones that I believe are Snow Bunting gave me my best show this year....

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

This is Pink Haze, I believe....

Thumbnail by JanetS

Can you take a pic? They should be green. Did you water them for 2 weeks when you planted (please don't take offense if you are good at starting plants)?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No offense...lol I have been watering them ever since I got them, as much as we are allowed...I will take a picture or two and post them...I really appreciate your interest and concern! I have been gardening for a long time, but not everything I plant makes it..lol

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a picture I pasted several together so you can see...some have a little green but these are the worst....

Thumbnail by JanetS

Yeah. I would still wait a year before declaring death. I would feed them miracid or alfalfa tea. I'd send pics to the places you got them for more info.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for you help...I will send some pictures to the company too...

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Janet,

I would definitely notify the company. However, I have had that happen quite a few times. New leaves normally come up. Keep them well watered and mulched. I would give them a weak strength Miracle Gro, applied in the evening.

It seems mine happen when the iris go from a climate much warmer than ours to ours. So, if you bought them from a northern climate, they may go thru the same thing. I bought Japanese and sibs from Aitkens Salmon Creek in Washington, and they died back a lot. They have since come to life. I purchased some from Maryland, a climate close to ours, and there was no dieback. The ones from Aikens came back with many more leaves.

It's scary, though, to think they might all be dying. But I expect they'll be fine.

I would think late summer would be a better time to plant sibs in the warmer states.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

JanetS gave you great advice and I know little of siberians but I think I would water them very well everyday and mulch them with pine needles or oak leaves if available to retain that water

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

They came from Ensata in Michigan...so that may be what happened...I will keep them wet and watch them closely, thanks so much for the help!!! I will also give them a light mixture of fertilizer for the roots...thanks again everyone!!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Do let Ensata know, though.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I will, I will send them some pictures.

Opened today. Sparkle.

Thumbnail by boojum

Pleasures of May.

Thumbnail by boojum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.