Do you all know about the Bluestone half price sale?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Everything at www.bluestoneperennials.com is half price now until 5/31. I was very pleased with the plants I got from them last spring and again in the fall.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you for posting that - I ordered from them last year and they have wonderful plants - the prices I just quickly looked at are great!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG....someone PLEASE stop me...(bad Becky for dmailing me about the thread too!! LOL)

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

This will be the first year I'll miss buying from Bluestone, I have to get everything back in order after a year of not gardening. I have been busy dividing and relocating plants (many of them Bluestone's).

Don't be afraid to order from them, I have shrubs that I raised from little baby Bluestone Starts and Clamatis that are my pride and joy.

There is also a lot of construction on Interstate 90 that I don't feel like dealing with, I love to buy in person, to see what all there is to see.

Here is a (Bluestone) Hosta Albo-marginata that was getting crowded out by other Hostas so I had to move it.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Being lazy...anyone know what size the clematis is? OMG...seriously need chocolate...duh, the size is RIGHT there!! LOL

This message was edited May 25, 2007 2:33 PM

Shenandoah Valley, VA

They're small, Chantell. I got one last year and it's in maybe a 3 inch pot? But it's doing very well this year. I figure it will take another year before I get any blooms. I got another one, same size pot, at the Park clearance last year and it's about a fourth the size of the Bluestone one this year.

If you're impatient, I'd say buy a bigger plant elsewhere, but they are certainly healthy and the price is right.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Completely agree - 75% of my perennials are from BS that I ordered last year, and you have seen my garden - they are blooming with a vengeance right now! And, most of them come in 3's so you are - in MHO getting a good deal for your bucks!

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

It is crazy that I can have 200...maybe 250 plants growing in pots in my backyard and still feel tempted to order something from Bluestone. Maybe next year I will give them a try...but 3 plants for $4 looks like such a good deal!!

- Brent

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks to ALL the enablers here!! Just place my order...geez!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - ain't it great!

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Just had to post this, didn't you hart??? I'll tell my DH it's your fault. Really great prices on some "fill in" stuff I needed . . . .

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

(Hands over eyes) I'm not looking, I'm not looking.....

Villanova, PA

wow, thanks, am indulging addiction and passing it on... am actually on my way out to shop fo rplants and stopped to order from Bluestone. agree with other posters, they are great - plants are small but do really well and for these prices, i can wait till next year..

thanks!!

L

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Whaaaaaa Whoooooooooooo....got my order in today....doin' the happy dance!! Daylilies were much bigger then I expected!!! Whew, and I'd just finished putting stuff in the ground....alrighty...be diggin' again tomorrow night...so I can be finished in time to bring more home Sat....LOL Insanity is a wonderful place to call home!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.