Moonflower seeds?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sadly it appears that my moonflower seeds I planted ummm....well simply put...are DEAD. How sad is that? Do any of you have some extras you might spare for postage? I promise to follow the recent directions sent to me...to the letter!! Thanks to all!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hi Chantell,

Are you looking for seeds for the moonflower bush or the moonflower vine?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

The vine...which I had no idea (until I looked) that they could be found as easily as my Walmart...how said is that?! LOL

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell,

I have not had much luck growing the Moon Flower Vine from seed either. have tried it a couple of times, but it seems to take forever for it to germinate and it really does not work.

I will spend the couple of dollars and buy a started one from a nursery.

Gita

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita - you were at the swap weren't you? I had babies sprouting there with me...I should've got you one. This last time (3x total) I finally had success. I was viewing this as a challenge...LOL

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Yes, Chantell--I came with Sallyg.

I did not take your Moonflower seedlings because I only have 3 pots where something climbing can grow, and all of them are "booked".

I remember YOU--with all that red hair.

Gita

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I remember everyone's faces - even things they tell me...it's the names I have problems matching up...so sad - I'm awful with names...sorry. AS for the hair...just call me Bozo...LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Alrighty....a month later...here's the "survivors" - LOL What I have learned...different pots require different watering. Notice the plastic nursery starters have NO life in them.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell,

I believe that plants growing in 3"-4" pots are the best size if you are going to share small plants with anyone. Of course, that takes time and preparation and a lot of foresight as far as when to transplant things and into what pots.
Just think if YOU would want to buy a stressed out, or rootless, small plant growing in a cell pack or something just yanked out of the garden the same morning?
Several of the plants that i got that were in that category have already "departed" this world. I am hanging in there with some of the others.
Quantity does not necessarily make quality!

So, shoot me at daybreak for saying this! Sorry!!!

Gita

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nah...I take any advice I can...believe me. I was just making notes as to which the seeds grew better in...next year I'll just buy the bigger pots. Another lesson learned.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.