I know you all like pictures.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Here is a close up of a white columbine that is blooming in my yard. Talk about a frilly petticoat.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

I love this color. Ruby, notice the foundation blocks?

And if you like Blue

I did this spiral about 3 years ago, It was a regular shaped evergreen paid less then $20.00 for it and pruned away!

Sweet woodruff blooming on south side of Norway spruce.

Yellow Corydalis, This plant finds it own place to grow, I really did not plant it there. It was on the other side of this garden space.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

pretty columbines !
how do you like corydalis? I think I took note of it once from gardener's journal show as a possible addition.
I went to get pic of spiderwort but it was closed for the day!

Here's my siberian iris- I have tons ofthis to give away. Keeps a nice grassy foliage all summer, altho not dense like a clump of grass.

Thumbnail by sallyg

This is my native spiderwort. Also have lots of this.

Thumbnail by sallyg

my 'red' hens and chicks current color, more red over winter

Thumbnail by sallyg

these are in their second year. collected from a landscape tree, think it's honey locust, or some locust. potted and left through a whole year before anything came up. I think they're pretty

Thumbnail by sallyg

Sally, I like the Corydalis, it was hard to get it established at first. Then It reseeded it's self. The original plant is gone but as you can see it is doing quite well where it ended up. This is a dry shade area.

ahh, dry shade, that's why I took note. with trees my shade seems dry.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Such pretty pictures! That columbine is gorgeous, especially the blue. The color is stunning.

I wish you were coming to the swap, Chris. I'm seriously lusting for some corydalis. LOL

If I can capture some seeds, I'll send you some. Also I don't know what I'll be looking for. May have to do some research.

Chris

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks, Chris. That would be great.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful array of pretties, Chris...love it!!
Can the Sweet woodruff handle sun, do you know?

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

Beautiful flowers, plants and topiaries, all. Columbines, especially, are a favorite of mine and the native spiderwort is a nice blue.
I planted Penstemon Husker Red with some small yellow iris that have a similar maroon petal I thought turned out rather nice.

Thumbnail by sempervirens
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ohhh...very nice contrast there!!

Chantell, Sweet woodruff does best in shade. Mine gets some morning sun. Did you know that it has a fragrance, but only when it is cut and drying, I don't mind hubby hitting this with the lawn mower.

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thank you Chantell.
Here's my favorite columbine, the native Aquilegia canadensis. Of course it's the one that doesn't seed as freely as the others.

Thumbnail by sempervirens
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oooh, gorgeous photos! I just posted some iris photos here, http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/725901/... my first blooms on irises I put in 2 years ago... I'm so excited about them!

Hart, I'll keep an eye out, but it doesn't look like my corydalis clump is coming back very strongly this year. Sally, I'll have to post on the swap thread too, but I would love a piece of your Siberian Iris! I have a nice moist spot for it in my new bed, down where I decided it would get too wet for the peonies... :-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Oooo, Sally can I have some of your siberian iris too? I really need to stop bouncing around and sit down and make a want list.

Critter your irises are gorgeous. That Rancho Rose is breathtaking.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, I'm glad you didn't say your favorite was 'Feminine Fire'... that's the one I just traded away for your coral honeysuckle! I think it's going to be another year or two before most of them are big enough to divide, but you know I will share! :-)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Oh, goody. Irises do so well here. I planted a few last fall but I don't know how fast they'll spread in my dry soil.

siberian iris all around!! i've had them for twenty years so I had dug a bunch into a tub this spring. so nice to send them to loving homes instead of compost heck~

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank you! I will cherish them. :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, I can't help myself. Here is a shot of my favorite Columbine. I have no name for it but it is a beautiful Rose color.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

And this very dark purple. Somehow, not due to any planing on my part, this ended up planted next to a white Azalea and it really showed off nicely.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Out taking pictures this a.m. Time to share.

An unusual columbine, at least to me. Never notices the green on the petals any other year.

My Iris opened today.

Lupine, will flower again this year. Love the rain drops on the leaves.

Geranium Biokovo Karmina, love it for edging only 6 to 8 inches high.

Remember how bare this spot was a few weeks ago. The hostas have really grown.

Moved a Gloriosa daisy ( back) Planted some Pigmy Amaranthus, then in front Coreopsis

Here is my container at the front door. Those are some my coleus babies I grew from seed.

beautiful!!!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Chris, Your flowers are Gorgeous! Every one!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Joey - that pic is amazing!!! What bloom is that?!
Chris - what beautiful plants!!!
Just to add something different...I'll include a couple of my cactus blooms...although I'm thinking some of you might have seen these already. Here's the pink

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

And a really large yellow

Thumbnail by Chantell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.