Spring Garden Day - Green Spring Gardens Park

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

What a great day and SO many wonderful plants...Becky, my DD, DGD, and me - soooo many plants so little time...and money...LOL Is this a beauty or what?

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Look at this bunch of sunshine!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Love this blue!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful pictures!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Here's baby Chloe excited about her first plant sale...LOL

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you penne!!!
God bless Becky she was kind enough to take a pic of DGD, DD, and....me.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

What a fantastic photo of you, your daughter, and granddaughter! A beautiful family!!! And baby Chloe smiling about all those plants! A true gardener already!

Karen

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Karen - you are so sweet, thank you!

Forgot to mention, Becky and I also got to meet Debbie (rcn48)...very, very nice lady...beautiful plants111

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Chantell, what a nice picture of the three of you! You're all cute but Chloe I'm afraid takes the top cuteness award. LOL

Beautiful flower shots. Thanks for sharing.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm so jealous -- I love that plant sale, but I was well-behaved and went to my French class instead (which runs from 10-1:30) . . . . Beautful family you have!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I would agree with you Diane!!
Devon - it was wonderful...sorry you couldn't have made it...would've loved to have met you...I think Debbie thought you might be there - if I remember correct. Thanks for the sweet words.

This message was edited May 21, 2007 8:52 AM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I had planned to go -- I was going to squeeze it in before French class (since GS opens at 9, I thought I could make it for 1/2 hour). But we share a car, and my husband wanted to take the car in for service -- after he got up at 6 to see if the soccer field was playable and lined the field. We rent zip-cars all the time, but I finally decided it was silly to do that for just 1/2 hour. But that's my very favorite sale -- I hated to miss it. I love that park. And I wanted to meet Debbie too, and there were plants I wanted to buy from her . . ..

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Definately next year!! I realized after leaving that she had a few things that I would've liked to pick up as well!! Get to see you at hart's house though in a few weeks!!

This message was edited May 21, 2007 8:54 AM

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Happy, sorry you couldn't make it this year - but then there's always the opportunity to drive to Lexington for our Open House June 2 or 3?? Long drive I know, but the gardens are open to visitors and you could get an idea of how some of the plants I had mentioned look in the landscape. Sometimes it's difficult to imagine when you're looking at them in a pot.

Chantell and Becky, finally getting a chance to check in here after this weekend. I'm so glad you realized who we were and introduced yourselves! Fortunately you arrived a little later in the day when it wasn't quite so hectic - loved having the chance to chat with both of you and meeting your beautiful granddaughter - great picture of the three of you! Your flower pictures remind me of all the things I didn't get to see :( Always take my camera with me - just in case - but this trip no time to wander and grab any shots. I do have a few from earlier in the spring when we were there and will have to find them and post them here. The gardens there are spectacular. It's amazing how many people who live in that general area and don't even know about the park.

Becky, if you're "watching", I grabbed some of my containers and brought them up to the house to get the spring project off and running again. Have a few more to pot up and when I get them done, I'll post the new pictures to that thread.

Again, really enjoyed meeting both of you! :))

Debbie

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Debbie: I wish I could go to Lexington, but it's just too long a drive -- plus I have the same French class Saturdays that kept me from GS (that class is really interfering with a lot of things I want to do!) and that Sunday my 15-year old and I are going on the Annapolis "secret garden" tour that I won tickets to. Are you coming to Hart's swap?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.