new cost for bubble envies

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I didn't read the entire thread - just kind of scanned the additions sonce 2007. If it hasn't been mentioned, you can usually cut a bubble envy in half to make 2. Saves money on the size and weight, and halves the price of the mailer.

"Waist" not, want not!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I am with you--sequee

How come they don't make a 3x5 bubble envelope? Perfect for one or two seed packets.....

Of course--with small seeds--one can also use small squares of stiffer paper as a "buffer" in a regular envelope and it will go for 42 cents. I have done that a lot too. I use index cards....

Gita

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>How come they don't make a 3x5 bubble envelope?

yanno -- i have gotten a few small ones in the mail ... but i have not been able to find them at WallyWorld [it seems the only place i remember to look for padded envies] I should check Office Depot.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Yeas! I once got one too...so cute!

Maybe it is the Office Supply stores that carry them.....have to look!
Meanwhile--cutting the 5x7's in half will do!

Gita

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I've searched on the internet and the smallest size seems to be 4x8
though the one i got - i thought was smaller ... but maybe not.

I was thinking more of a 3x5

I reused it, so i dont have it anymore.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I have received a few 4x6 don't think they were 3x5 though. Looking at one right now. The back says ULINE s-9984, economy bubble mailer. 1-800-295-5510.

Called the number and actually talked to someone. All mail order business. $66 for a case of 500 4x 6 BE's and that is their smallest size. Not sure where people are fining 3x 5 BE's.

Greensburg, PA

I just bought some 4x7 at walmart from www.duckproducts.com 800-321-0253. they are paper and I have found that the plastic are a lot easier to reuse.

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

That's what I do-get a pack of 6 of the 5X7's for like $4 and cut them all in 1/2:)

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Taping your seeds to the middle of the envelope seems to work pretty well. I received some seeds this week done that way and they were all fine - not crushed.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2008 8:35 AM

Orlando, FL

Walgreens sells bubble envelopes on sale for 3 fro one dollar. any size. The post office is in Trouble and they may become private and its going to cost us a lot more if they do. Where do I get my information? from Friends that work in th postoffice, A lot of jobs are going to be eleminated. just like other places letting people go and this rates hikes is not due to hiring either. They already have too many people in there and they are trying to get people to retire.
Its a shame its happening. Mostly because we email and not send mail any more and handle other mail thru the computer. Anyway its cheaper to send the person the postage and for the bubble envelope and and let them mail instead of mailing both ways. I know its more trouble to the mailer of the seed but that is the way of it. Very tiny seed can be send for 42cents the price of a first class envelope. If the seed are flat just insert them in the envelope and they will go that way long as they are flat. Fran

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.