seedling

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

My first seedling bloom today. Its a OP asiatic. Looks like Davidii or wilsonii

Thumbnail by declfi
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Open pollinated?

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

What I am excited about home hybridizing , despite the fact I can't grow 10s of thousands of seedlings for testing, is that we can grow lilies that the commercial growers would just till under. We have the freedom to focus on any trait we want to.
Will you have any other blooms this year? I have one I was hoping would bloom but the rabbits chewed on it, so we shall see.

Neat dot pattern,
Andrew

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

That is lovely. How long did it take from seed to that beautiful bloom ?

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Lovely plant. :)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Cute dotted coloring. I still can't believe they flower for you so fast.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

This seedling was started about 7 months ago . I have between 75 to 150 seedling going to bloom this year and yes Open pollinated.
Dennis

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Where does that wavy petal edge characteristic come from? I have never seen a wilsonii in real life. Can they be like that? Very pleasing dots and dot pattern too, but that rippling is way cool.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Here is a link to a picture of wilsonii. http://www.hillkeep.ca/images/Lilium_maculatum_IMGP3401.JPG

The Wilsoni in Ed's book has a slight petal edge wave. The dot pattern above is almost exactly the same as L. Wilsoni.
I acquired a big L. Wilsoni via the PNWL sale, 2"+ across. It hasn't come up yet though. Hoping it doesn't sulk.

Andrew

This message was edited May 17, 2007 8:49 PM

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

My maculatum var. wilsonii, from the Species Lily Group, are all three up.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
The asiatic seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. most are dot.com hybrids from liliyseeds.com

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The asiatic seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. most are dot.com hybrids from liliyseeds.com

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi

Down facing

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
light pink

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
darker pink

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
white red spots

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
orange with light yellow center/spots

Thumbnail by declfi
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3570468
is my favorite...that is just beautiful...they are all so pretty! Great job!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Very nice. It's interesting seeing how those dot.com crosses are turning out. I like the pink one, third from the top. Keep showing us your seedlings!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I like the same one Janet does. I bought that same seeding mix, Dennis, only mine aren't as far along.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

They're all really nice but I love, love, love the one that Janet posted the link to!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

It's delightful to see someone working with seedlings instead of the same Dutch bulb choices. Eager to see more...

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The asiatic seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. most are dot.com hybrids from lilyseeds.com. I have trumpets and OT seedlings about to open will post.
Dennis

This message was edited Jun 4, 2007 5:32 PM

Thumbnail by declfi
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Pretty pink!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You have a wonderful array of beauties. :)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I am looking forward to seeing my Tango lilies bloom again this year. i added Strawberry & Cream to the rest. Dot Com was a good bloomer for me.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Dot Com is an excellent multiplier for me.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, what exactly is Dot Com?

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Here's a good photo. It's a newer asiatic lily. Pinkish with plumish speckles.
http://www.amazon.com/Dot-Com-Tango-Lily-Bulbs/dp/B000NLBY4C

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Very pretty!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

It is a nice one and it is relatively new. As with everything, some people like all the dots and some people aren't crazy about them. I think they are pretty cute. Dennis has some beautiful seedling offspring.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

So are the ones posted above, from seed crosses from this lily? I love the dots..it is like freckles on a childs face...just so sweet!

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The asiatic seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. most are dot.com hybrids from lilyseeds.com

down facing pink

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

asaitic seed from buggy crazy(Lisa Hunt)
This is not a seedling of mine . it was planted with them but I found another one Identical to this in another part of the garden and yes they are probably virus with tulip breaking virus. They were destroyed.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2007 10:47 AM

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

RED

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Orange

Thumbnail by declfi
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice red clolor in that one, Dennis. Just look at all of your nice seedlings. Which one has been your favorite so far?

Third one up has a virus. Toss ASAP!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm not sure about that, intercessor. It looks like it could, but then if it hasn't ever flowered before, how would you know for certain on a seedling? I think it would be a bit unusual. Wouldn't you?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.