Anyone here tried "Top Hat" blueberries?

Millbury, MA(Zone 5a)

For some strange reason, these "patio blueberries" keep tempting me. Possibly the fact that they don't need another variety for pollination is a big factor; however, I know that in my zone I'd have to bring them in for the Winter if I kept them in pots.

Does anybody have any experience with these plants? Any information from someone who's tried them would be very helpful.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

last spring I got a 3pack from Gurneys. they are still small. in fact, 1 plant has disappeared.
they are lil green bushy things -- but very small (if you'd like to see a pic, i can take one for you)

I've heard that blueberries take years (5yrs??) to fully develop -- and only being at yr 2, i'm quite disappointed in myself for not researching before hand.

I know it's not much, but that's my experience.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I started one last spring, got very few blueberries the first year - and they were SOU-ERRRRRRRRR! pucker up!

This year the plant is larger and loaded with blooms, so I'm assuming I'll get more blueberries this year and hopefully not so sour : ) - the bees really love the blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.