Pictures of my Winter Sown Petunias

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Everyone please post your pictures, here are the ones I have that survived after I put them in their prospective places..lol Petunias...my hollyhock which were beautiful died in the garden along with my poppies! I still have a few poppied and I am going to try to put them out soon...lol but I don't hold much hope...when it is hot here it is just too hot!

Pretty pink with a deeper pink throat...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Lilac colored with deep purple veining....

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Pink with red veining and throat...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Another lilac with purple veins...in window boxes now...I have some in the garden too, but now many are bloming yet..I thnk I have one white and pink blooming but not a very good picture..I will see if I can get a better picture...but will post anyway...lol

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the pink one that is blooming in the yard...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Deb, this is a beauty that grew all Winter, honestly, and it was from seed I tossed in that area in the Fall...so I guess they could be considered Winter Sown..LOL In a different sort of way...but they are beautiful large white flowers and smell great!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations! They are beautiful blooms!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

love'em Janet. Here's a few of my wintersown blooms and buds. This one is indigo spires salvia. I thought it would have been blue. Pretty pink though.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

impatiens

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Verbena bonariensis

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Salvia 'Saluti Dark Red'

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

milkweed. forgot to look at the tag. Will have to remember to add caption to my pic later.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Nasturtium 'Empress of India'

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, Deb, you did good! Nice plants! I am hoping a couple of others I grew survived, but I will have to wait and see....lol

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Deep silky red A. curassavica with a friend

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm sold on winter sowing. Still have several containers to plant out and waiting on a few to germinate. Some started blooming in the containers.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

One more, French Marigold 'Colossus'

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Ok, Texas bluebonnets will be the last one. Weeds included LOL

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

You did a great job..maybe I will try one more time....you will have to give me pointers though...

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet, You have the perfect spot for winter sowing. Up on your hill behind your swing in the far backyard under the trees in the corner. Put them there in January, turn around, walk off and don't go back to them until March, when they may need a little watering and slight ventilation. If you'll put them where they are inconvienent, you'll leave them alone and let Ma Nature do her thing.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, that sounds good for sure..lol

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow Janet, your petunias are beautiful! I was checking my wintersown ones today and was surprised to see a bloom about to open. I never in a million years thought I could grow petunias from seed! :) There will be a lot of firsts in my garden this year, if the drought doesn't take care of that! I couldn't believe how it jumped up to 80 at 10 am today! Hubby was commenting on how the water bill has gone up already. "He ain't seen nothin' yet" LOL!!! I'm praying for rain!!
Thanks for all the beautiful pictures everbody!

Susan

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Susan, the petunias will transplant well too...try to do it late in the day so they have the cooler evening to recoup...but mine have done quite well...good luck! I too am praying for RAIN!! We really need it in Georgia!

We got a little rain last night while we were eating on the back porch. It cooled off a lot too but never lasts long.
Thanks for the transplant info, will do!

Susan

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Notice all of you live in GA?

xxx, Carrie

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

I am so envious of you folks in the warmer zones. I have a few blooms on my indoor starts but it'll be awhile yet before I see any color from my WS seedlings. They all look beautiful....congratulations!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

WOW!! What beautiful wintersown blooms! Congratulations!!!

Janet, here's what came up in the pot my son marked Petunia. I had been waiting for it to bloom.... and it is a pansy :)

Susan

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh how pretty!, Susan!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I love violets! They too are very easily grown from seed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.