plant identification

Crozet, VA

Hope that I won't look too stupid here. There is a plant that very much resembles Dusty Miller. It grows a bit taller and thinner than Dusty's, but could easily be confused. Does anyone know what I am referring to?

It is one of the plants that I will be having to trade at the swap and feel that I should know what it is before I trade it off.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is knowledgeable.

Ruby

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Is it a perennial? Maybe an Artemisia? http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/49904/index.html

- Brent

Crozet, VA

Ding, ding, ding, ding.......You win!!!! That is it. Thank you so much Brent. Now I have to begin calling it that so that I will remember. Care to go for another id?

This one also highly resembles another plant. I am looking for the name of a plant whose leaves and stem are "hairy" like a lambs ear plant. It grows tall and then blooms with a small (size of a quarter) fuschia colored, single flower. My grilfriend told me the name of this in the past and I have forgotten. I happen to love it and would also love to know its' name.

Thanks again Brent. I appreciate it.

Ruby

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I can name that plant in three notes...sounds like Lychnis coronaria (Rose Campion). It is a plant that I recently started growing. Do you have some? If not I have some extras growing in pots that I started from seed last year that I will bring to the swap. I don't know if they will bloom white or fushia. The parent bloomed white.

- Brent

This message was edited May 10, 2007 9:16 AM

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

once you have lychnis I bet you will always have it. I have the pink.

Crozet, VA

Again, thank you so much!!!!! Yep, my friend said it was Rose Campion. I love the plant and have it growing in several spots. I hope that I didn't kill one bunch the other day when I transplanted some of it that was too close together.

Oh Sally, I cannot even remember where it came from but I had it last year and possibly the year before too. I do love it too.

Thank you again Brent. I will know where to come with more id.'s.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.