blanket flower let me see yours

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i just got this one and its my first blanket flower! i love it! anyone know which one it is? i would love to see pictures of yours.

kelly

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Mine aren't even close to flowering here yet.

Yours is nice, maybe Arizona Sun? Many varieties that are similar though.

Thornton, IL

Lovesdaylilies~Did you get just one?? I love their vibrant, non-stop colors, I have to get a bunch of them. Here's a picture of last year's Fanfares. They didn't make it, I blame it on these little peat cups I found around the stems. This year I'm buying more from a different grower.

Thumbnail by PrairieGirlZ5
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

nice combination of plants in your picture. yes i got just one. i found it of all places at the grocery store outside on a cart. it is doing great! i love it.

kelly

Thornton, IL

Thanks kelly - as you can see, I have some bare spots that need filling in LOL.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

This is the first bloom on mine. It was winter sowed in Jan 2006

Thumbnail by tortoisekeeper
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

pretty! how rewarding for you to see one you planted from seed bloom.

kelly

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

"Goblin" variety with duskywing butterfly visiting. Took this one yesterday.

Thumbnail by mellielong
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

great closeup! thanks for sharing : )

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

Gaillardia 'Sunspot', I think, but I've lost the tag:

Thumbnail by jkom51
Thornton, IL

Ooooh, that's pretty jkom!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

A guy down the street from me grows these. He's next to the interstate and the flowers are spreading down the slope toward the road. It must be nice to drive by them.

Thumbnail by mellielong
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

ohhhhhhhh i love sunspot!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

The photo is mine, the plant is not.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I grow the yellow one in my yard.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I got this one at a plant sale of at the University.

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

the yellow are so cheery i have never found the yellow around here

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Nice photos of the blanket flower. The gaillardia is our state flower,OK, and will appear on the new '07 state quarter along with the scissor-tailed flycatcher.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

I was inspired by the nice pictures posted here. I rushed to the nearest nursery and purchased one,'Fanfare"

Thumbnail by Rocco
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Isn't Fanfare a semi-dwarf? I see it, but, never buy it anymore. It doesn't grow as well as the wild seed that I collect. Tends to die out early here in the hot humid tropics.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I'm looking forward to seeing mine bloom. I have about a dozen that I grew from seed. I'll post pictures when it finally happens.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I grew mine from seed, and it does take a while. On the upside, I haven't been without blooms since.

(Jana) Shoreline, WA(Zone 8a)

Here's my "Fanfare" from the summer of 2006. I have two of them planted in containers, and they're coming back nicely this year! I could post a picture of the entire plant, but it would be a little embarrassing. I was only on my 2nd year of gardening in 2006, so I didn't know the meaning of dead-heading. I did figure it out later in the summer, and the flowers loved it! My two plants bloomed non-stop from May through October. I like them so much, that I bought four more plants this year, but they're not even close to blooming yet.

Thumbnail by colliwobbles
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Colli
That is a nice photo of the fanfare. I hope that the one that I planted yesterday does as well.
when I purchased it,the plant had one bloom and six buds. Maybe the others will open up soon. I probably need more of them,back to the nursery!

Redding, CA(Zone 8b)

Here is Gaillardia Burgundy just starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by Bareroots
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i like the burgundy!

Thornton, IL

me too! it's stunning. Bareroots, did you grow it from seed?

Redding, CA(Zone 8b)

No, it was a plant. Hoping to get seeds from them this year. I wasn't sure I was going to like it--thought it might me a drab red, but it turned out beautiful.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I have a bunch of 'Arizona Sun' seedlings about 3 or 4 inches high now, don't know if they'd be true to type or not. I guess they won't flower this year? Also, are these hard to transplant if I need to spread them apart further? Right now they're in clumps that I removed from their winter sowing jugs. Thanks for any help.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This one was self sown and is just starting to bloom this year.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

This is "Red Plume". I grew it from seed (purchased from Select Seeds). I also have "Yellow Plume" out there somewhere, but it hasn't bloomed yet.

Thumbnail by mellielong
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Close up

Thumbnail by mellielong

Helenium 'Mardi Gra' - my first one bought this year. Can't wait till it blooms more.

Thumbnail by
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Your Mardi Gra looks very pretty. that is a new Helenium I just added this year.

Susan

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

mardi gras is nice and different...adding that name to memory : )

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I like Mardis Gras a lot. I put all my helenium in their own bed now.

I love it too. :)) I am going to try to divide the heck out of it, if I can, I guess putting the cuttings in some room hormone, right?
rebecca30

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

My first bloom. I grew this from seed. The seed packet shows a variety of colors. Some are mostly yellow, others are more orange or red.

Thumbnail by pennefeather
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

So Fanfare has been posted - not for my zone yet. All of these I saw last year were so short, my plant has really grown this year.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Thornton, IL

pennefeather ~ way to go girl!

al ~ I love Fanfare. So yours started out short, how tall is it now? I have yet to find more, and I'm willing to pay for larger plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.