A new perennial...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

My apologies as I thought I'd posted this already...
Please help me in welcoming my new grandbaby - Miss Chloe Nicole!! Born 4/25 - 7 lbs 6oz & 19"
Baby is doing great!! DD is fighting an infection - please keep her in your prayers.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Beautiful! Congratulations, and hope DD is feeling better soon.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Prettiest little buttercup I ever saw. She's beautiful, Chantell. Are you beside yourself with glowing grandma love?

I hope DD is feeling better soon. She's in my prayers. Tell her that's one gorgeous daughter she has there.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow, she is sooo beautiful, and look at all that hair!

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

She's gorgeous. Good luck to you and DD and beautiful Cloe. I'm sure DD will be just fine {{hugs}}

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you all for your kind words!!! DD has gone 36 hours w/o fever now...feeling hopeful - typing w/right hand - Chloe in left - LOL!!!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

That's good news! And we aren't spoiling that baby one little bit, are we? Hmmmm? LOL

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Congratulations on your newest bundle of joy! So glad to hear that your DD is feeling much better too.

Crozet, VA

I think that all the words that I thought of to call her have been used by others. She is very special. I too thought that is a lot of baby hair. ha-ha Soooooo cute. Congratulations Chantell.

I will be joining the grand parent club later this month. My first grandchild, Emily Nicole is due on the 27th, but I don't think that her mom will wait that long.

While out yesterday I ordered an identification bracelet for Emily. I was in a jewelry store and that baby jewelry was crying out - buy me, buy me. The sterling silver bracelet has a butterfly and EMILY will be engraved on it.

I had two boys and so missed out on being able to buy all the little girly stuff. I always loved looking at the pretty dresses and things that are made for baby girls though. Now, it is my turn.

Enjoy that little one Chantell. I hope that your daughter will feel better soon. Tell her that she did a wonderful job and that the baby is just gorgeous.

Ruby

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin'!

Chantell, CONGRATULATIONS! :D :D She surely is a precious little thing & I know you are having a wonderful time "spoiling" her! :) I hope your DD is feeling better soon.
Enjoy Miss Chloe!

Joey

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, So beautiful and precious. My DD had her baby the end of March. I am still glowing with excitement. Grandchildren are just the most precious things. She is gorgeous. Congrats to both you and the parents. Holly

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Congratulations, so many "Spring Flowers" in the Mid-Atlantic gang!

Best wishes to you all!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

She is beautiful Chantell!!! Blessing to you and your daughter, and the new gift. All the best to all of you!

Karen

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ya'll are great!!! Yes, I'm enjoying her beyond what I can say!!! Hoping her colic (from 12 AM to 5ish AM) will ease up though. DD running a temp again...please continue prayers for her.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Many prayers for her Chantell, So you both can really enjoy that precious child.

Joey

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Chantell, My thoughts are with your daughter, hope she is well soon.

Joey, nice to see you on the boards again, missed you.

Chris

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell,

Congratulations! When I first saw Chloe's picture I thought she was a porcelain doll, she is just so gorgeous! Best of health to all of you, your daughter is in my prayers!
My first grandchild was born in February, Cora fern is my greatest treasure. I never thought my chldren would give me any grands as they both got married late....
Terri

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

You all are such wonderful support....thank you so much!! Taking DD into see OB today - frustrated by the continued fever although it isn't going as high as it was last week. I'll post more pics soon...you'll tire of them, I'm sure...LOL

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

You've a beautiful granddaughter, Chantell. She's amazing, with a pretty head of hair!!! Awwww, look at little Chloe. I'm gushing....excuse me. Best wishes for you and your girls, Chantell.

GH

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Shanika - you're so sweet, thank you!!!

Crozet, VA

Hip Hip Hooray for all us grandma's.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

What did the doctor say yesterday, Chantell? I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane - we're waiting to get the lab results this afternoon...praying hard that the white count has dropped. We're on day 3 with no fever!! She's still having rather bad back pain - wish someone could answer why. I'm thinking about requesting a ref if this continues - maybe an MRI is in order.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Apparently back pain is really common after childbirth.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/physrecovery/1152191.html

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51689

I hope it's good news from the lab!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh, how cute! Cherish her they grow so fast, my baby girl is going to be 9 months next week! Hope your DD is doing better. Did she have an epidural? I had some back pain from that.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I also found reports on studies that show that it's not the epidural that causes the back pain.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8042807&dopt=Abstract

My back has been a wreck ever since my daughter was born. Spending 12-14 hour days sitting in meetings or standing for hours or hiking around carrying a computer, camera and briefcase while covering stuff as a reporter made it much worse. Especially back when "portable" computers were a lot heavier than they are these days.

I've found so long as I keep my back and stomach muscles in shape, my back is much better. Swimming helped more than anything.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Going to read the threads now - Diane you are ALWAYS my go to person for researching things!!! thank you so much!!
Jen - yes, she had an epidural - I've heard yes and no from folks regarding those and back pain. I mentioned it to her OB and she just sorta shrugged it off.

Crozet, VA

Don't ya just love docs who treat us that way and not listen. Anyway, my best wishes for your daughters swift recovery. Yep, enjoy that little one, they are precious.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.