Reaping some rewards

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

I've used a single stake in the past but have used a 'cage' around them with a small stake in the center the last three years or so and like that better. There was a man at the community garden who put two heavy duty metal stakes at either end of a row of tomato plants and one more in the center then ran two rows of heavy twine between them - one higher than the other. He would stake his plants to these. Then there are those who use PVC pipe as stakes and water the roots through the pipe. Lots of different ways!

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

oh I hadn't thought of that PVC pipe method Debra! Brilliant! Wherever have you been hiding my friend? Hope all is well and that you are finding peace in your garden.

hug
carol

Brigham City, UT(Zone 5b)

Kathy Ann,
The way your friend staked her tomatoes is a great idea. I am going to take a little different 'tilt' on that. I will post when I get it done.
Thanks for the idea.
Boy, do I wish I had your garden space. It is so nice to have that much and you have made it just beautiful.
Marie

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

thanks marie,

I drove down the road the other day and saw this neat little compact garden, with a little tiler next to it, I said to DH See, that's all we need honey, just a little garden like that He said, Yeah Right!!

Clairton, PA(Zone 6a)

kathy_ann,

I sure do envy the space you've got for veggie gardening. I have to pick and choose because 9x15 is what DW allows me for vegetables.

Kurt

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Gosh, ifmy hubby wanted to veggy garden, i'd find space for him no matter if I had to dig up the flowers.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Amen to that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.