OH MY!! Look at this!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Absolutely gorgeous - I have to have it - it is a must!!!! Don't forget to scroll down the page!

http://www.hydrangea.com/index.php3?pageRequest=Wilkerson_Mill.live

This message was edited Friday, Aug 17th 2:03 AM

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Yes, Louisa, both of them are simply gorgeous. I'm afraid to go to that nursery. We'd be eating peanut buttler & jelly for the rest of our lives!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You know I just thought to myself that I really am hogging this forum so forgive my enthusiasm - I really love them so much. And the funny thing is that when I was younger I couldn't bear them. Everybody had a hydrangea growing in their front garden back home and I used to think them big and awkward. Now look at me!! Yes, this nursery is expensive but if we can find the same cultivars elsewhere and cheaper then I wouldn't mind buying and sharing the cuttings. If we all bought a different one look how quickly we can increase our selection and stock. Not forgetting how quickly they develop either!! I am researching now for a cheaper source :-)

Cordova, MD

Oh my gosh, Louisa! These are beautiful !! I want, I want, I want!!!
One thing i've noticed- I think you are the queen of hyperlink sites!!! You find and show us the most amazing places!!! How do you find them??? You must be esearching all the time!! Kudos to you!!!
These are once again on my iwsh list!!
-JSS

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

jeanne - I do a lot of research and I'm happy that you find the sites as enjoyable as I do. I love to share information!!

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Louisa, I have a local contact and will check with them tomorrow or as soon as I can get in touch. There are so many new cultivars hitting the market...growers and hybridizers have taken us well beyond the old fashioned macrophyllas.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good for you Verde - sounds encouraging :-) Yes, I have been amazed to find so many selections now. So beautiful!

Cordova, MD

It really is amazing!!! I now find myself looking atmy acreage and trying to figure out where could aI put a hydrangea garden!!!! And get all these beautifulplants!!!
-JSS

This message was edited Friday, Aug 17th 2:04 AM

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I wouldn't mind winning the lottery either :-) Maybe Verdesign will come up with something after this weekend!! I planted all my hydrangeas yesterday after DH and I frantically prepared more beds close to the walls facing East. They still get a lot of sun but this is better than sitting in a pot!! Even though I have wooded areas the builder felled more than he should have and consequently I have no immediate shade trees near the house. I will plant the hydrangeas in the wooded areas once they have been cleaned up but first I have to prepare yet another planting area for the potted perennials. But we are getting there!!

This message was edited Friday, Aug 17th 2:04 AM

La Porte, IN(Zone 5A)

Hi Louisa, I'm glad you liked the site that I sent to you. We had a garden party this past Saturday and of all the plants (about 2 acres of them), the hydrangea's got the most attention. Everyone wanted to know what variety and how big and everything else about them. They truly are one of the most beautiful plants in anyones garden.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Dan it sounds wonderful!! Which nursery are we talking about here - so many sites!! Sis - I have been trying to get things done in the morning but after only an hour I have to go inside. It's becoming so hot now with heat indexes over 100. No sign of fall at all....lol!! Remember we are zone 7 and last year had very little snow, sometimes no snow at all. Frost sounds really good right now :-)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm overwhelmed by another site - I don't know if you needed yet another one, but the resources for obtaining this beautiful shrub are growing and the new cultivars just keep on coming. I don't think we will be able to keep up with them but it's nice to be able to look :-)

http://members.tripod.com/~Hatch_L/hydrchek.html

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I agree with Louisa, this is a must have! Thanks so much for sharing.

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Hello hydrangea lovers. Still waiting on information about availability and prices through my local contact. Will post the moment I have the info. The latest releases are going to be somewhat pricey (as they always are).

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Helen - so nice to see you here!! I pray you are mending and feeling somewhat better!! Verdesign, we have all the time in the world - no hurry :-) We can continue to drool for now!

La Porte, IN(Zone 5A)

Hi Louisa, I'm talking about the Wilkerson Mills Gardens at Hydrangea.com. Its one of the best I've found on hydrangeas.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dan and yes, it is a great site. I am getting pretty inundated with sites, each one seemingly better than the last - but it's great fun. Better go and water the beds now - we have temps reaching high 90s. Ugh!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.