Look whats growing in my cottage garden today:)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Puddidatatus domesticus

Thumbnail by wrightie
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Omigosh - more beautiful kitties! Shellabella, I'm glad you came out of lurking status and shared your darlings . . . wow, 17 years old!!

Wrightie, I love it!!

West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

I love seeing everyones Kitties they are all very handsome....cats and cottage gardens always go together!
Wrightie...that one looks like such a character!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

She came to live with us due to her great skill at *murdering* bluebirds in a friend's backyard. She is one of two barn cats that room with us...

West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

I understand....I once housed a serial killer too. He lined them all up in a row one time on the back porch.....14!
Some gift to come home from work to...lol!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

14!!! Yikes, my family gets upset with one dead critter on the porch!

Gardengus, my cat is a 'Bengal', and his has 'marble' markings. Bengals can have spot, stripes, and be white even. Marbling is the most common and least sought after. I got 'Ahi' for a song ... I knew someone who wanted to get rid of the last of their litter. Put in 'bengal' in google and be prepared to see some 'wild' looking cats.

Great new pictures of the cats and Kitties.
toofew

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Dead critters on the porch I can deal with ~ partially eaten can be ugly ~ or even regurgitated. :

Thumbnail by podster
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

we must all be nuts for loving these wuddle pudditats:)

Thank you! I'll be nuts anyday... LOL

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Mmmm.... not going there... la la la....

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pagan....look at this....do ya think it is staged to compete with this thread?? (grin).....hmmmmm :

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/720637/

No way! There is not the first feline in that one (I don't think). I am trying to keep the cats OUT of Mrs. Wrens' way. Not an easy feat around here!

Besides, you got me beat on "replies & views" ANNNNND you got me hooked! Now, don't be catty. LOL

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

but them snakes are certainly keeping your thread slithering up the top of the the topics list.....hissssssssssss :)

LOL ~ tis a morbid fascination...

I'll stick with this delightful thread, thank you very much!!

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

My Mo enjoying catmint.

Thumbnail by gardengus

Wow! Mo favors Scraps, our town cat. He hates all cats so lives at work... no gardening for that city boy but he loves dried homegrown catnip and an occasional fresh leaf.

Those of you who have seen this will groan and say there she goes again but Gardengus made the mistake of saying the "C" word.

If you saw this thread, please forgive me and ignore it... http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/607802/

Thumbnail by podster
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

if anyone hasn't looked at that thread it is pretty dang cute...pod, i had never seen it and was quite amused to read it....

It was unbelieve luck to have actually caught those photos in series. Had the camera, had it on, had my wits about me... LOL There were more shots inbetween but that cat has the "gene" ~ Yup ~ there she goes again... whatever you do, don't say catnip around pod! :)

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

podster, nice photos,and story thanks for sharing.

Darling story - I so enjoyed it! And aren't orange cats the greatest? I don't have one now, but my Jake (whom I lost two years ago) was an orange tabby - he followed me everywhere and just wanted to be with me. I was devastated to lose him, but of course have somewhat filled the hole left in my heart with three more.

Murmur ~ over the years we have had a preference for the orange tabby personality. They seem to have personality plus!

As hard as it is to lose them, we still wouldn't trade not having them for not having to go thru the loss. If that made sense.

Ms. Pookie ~ is charming and likes to pose for a photo...

Thumbnail by podster

Pod, it makes complete sense, believe me. When I lost Jake I was so horribly upset that I thought maybe I wouldn't get another cat and go through that again, but within six weeks I had a 1.5 lb. kitten who needed a home, and within three months I had all three. The other two I got as adults and they also needed homes - love them all, of course.

Ms. Pookie is just beautiful!

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Awww... Pookie......

Sorry, I can't look at that thread - I have so many different ones I'm "watching" now that I can barely see my forums!!!

2few, how is the temperament on your Bengal? I've only met one and got some nice scratches for my trouble, but I hate to form opinions on just one cat....

I'd love to comment on all the beauties posted, just not enough time! There are definitely some lovelies. I've often thought that gardeners and their animals are an uncommon occurrence - you rarely see one without the other!

Pagan, I'm sure you're right - I think we all just love anything living . . . and that might need nurturing!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

yall i love yellow cats too....they do seem to have an overabunance of personality....i have one but she is wild and doesn't want to have a thing to do with me....

Be persistant Sticks ~ years ago we tamed a "yaller" male that was eating out of the neighborhood garbage dumpsters. He became real dandified, loving the special treatment. Turned into a real hothouse flower... as only a male can do ~ LOL

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pod...problem is...is that i have a million cats....with little of me..; we have 15 - 20...population ebbs and flows...with none of the cats being 'ours' it is cats that were abandoned and have made it to our house....they get to eat free be chased and loved by our doggies....and get spade and neutered....

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{sticks_n_stones}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Bless you for doing that!

and I got to say thank you. My heart goes out to everyone who tries to make the world a better place for the abused and neglected animals. I am such an advocate of spaying and neutering the guys at work don't want to stand still too long ~ LOL.

LOL - Pod, that's hilarious!!!

One couple was in the shop and we were talking about "dumped" pets, spoiled pets, neutering, etc. If you believe in reincarnation,I wanted to come back as a cat at her house. Her husband said ~ Not him! The first thing she did was carry tomcats to the vet to be neutered. Had to laugh he was so serious.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

our animal control in our town sucks....they take cats to the country and dump them...; they are eaten by the wildlife ...if they are lucky?? or biten by snakes or starve to death...very sad ...it is small towns dirty little secret....; i called everyone
i could think of and they said, that if i had alotta dough that i could hire attorneys.....(which of course i dont)...so i just help those that come to my yard....so some have been dumped in my yard....i have 2 in my home, (one that is my disastrous neighbors kids that brought the kitten to me crying 2 yrs ago ....she is now grown)
the other in home cat is what i thought was litter on the 4 lane highway, ....i saw something that looked like a plastic sack in the highway, an 18 wheeler was coming towards me and the 'plastic sack'....which turned out to be something other than that....it was a kitten on the hi way...i made a u turn in front of the 18 wheeler...(adrenaline was driving my car)....i stopped got out of the car and here was this little puddy tat with her eyes completely matted shut....she was very sick and couldnt see a thing and was wandering aimlessly on the highway....; longer story short she lives in our house....

finally, our city code sez only 4 animals per household; ok, that is 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats....hmmm....well, what is the definition of a household?? i guess i should ask my hubbie....he is on the city council....OH but then he would be in violation of the city code....hmmmm, on second thought i won't ask him....

I do so appreciate you - what you do and also your humor!

Amen!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pod ...i know you are an animal nut...i appreciate you too...

murmur, you must be an animal nut too ....so i appreciate you too!!!

Thank you, Sticks! I am indeed an animal nut and if I weren't married to a non-lover of animals, I would have more than just my three cats, tons of backyard birds, bunnies, and other wildlife. Actually, he enjoys the birds, bunnies, etc., but doesn't like domesticated animals. Go figure!

Murmur ~ on that count I am fortunate, DH loves his animals and it is harder for him when they get sick. If a decision has to be made to euthanize one it won't be him. Too tenderhearted. I am a softy but can do what has to be done.

I know you are able to do good with those you have adopted and perhaps your DH is your "control". They help to keep us normal. : )) husbands that is...

Sticks ~ there is an organization called O'Malleys Alleys. They rescue, trap, neuter, spay, adopt out, release, feed, etc. They will trap feral cats, neuter or spay and if they are too wild, will return them to the area they were trapped. They then provide food. Of course volunteers do all the work including surveys of the feral feline population.

I don't know how large your town is but it sounds like that would be a needed organization. They raise funds by donations, rummage sales, bake sales, placing cats in homes for a donation of course. I have even seen sellers on ebay raising funds for them. We know one guy here that adopted two Maine coon cats as well as another alley cat from them for a fee of course. It is worthwhile cause ~ but sounds like you are doing that single handed. Blessings on you from the cat kingdom! Till you are better paid ~ thank you... pod

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.