Look whats growing in my cottage garden today:)

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

these are a rare cultivar....

Thumbnail by sticks_n_stones
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Too cute & funny!!!! LMAO

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

i was humored to see it too....first time i have ever seen 2 in pots at the same time....much less these 2....they are arch enemies....

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Are those pussy toes, or cat nip? CUTE !

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Very cute!

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Wonder if they are a distant relative of my Shelby? She's a 40 lb border collie mix that loves to get in my containers too. lol Tamara

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Do you have a link for me as to where I can get some of those? ;o) Great pic!!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

will trade for plants....(grin)

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Gus - I believe these to be a close cousin of common Catnip - also rather common, known as Catnap.

Of course, could be a nap after ingesting nip.... hmmm.... I'll have to remember that next time I have to name a cat or two!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Ba-Doom-Bing! Pagan, that was just purrfect.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

very very purrfect:)

Carmichael, CA

Oh how funny. lol

We have 7-9 cats on our property at any given time and we have to enemies that do this too! They act like they ahte each other but stick close by...I guess they feel if they can see each other, they can't sneak up. lol

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

as my 6 year old would say- AWESOME!! :) Love it :)

:)

Susan

>wince< ... @ Ms. Wright...

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Love it!

Phoenix, AZ

Oooooooo, can I have some seeds?

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Great Picture ! Did they make you sign a release to use the photo?

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 10a)

Very cute! I have 3 cats and one sleeps curled up in a pot during the day. It's soo cute! She's a long haired blue point with blue eyes. I also have a hemolaen (sp?) (with blue eyes) and a stray tabby that adopted me from my last place. I've had him for 2 years, so I guess he's no longer a stray. I usually have 5 cats following me around outside. A friend of mine sent me a trend chart of when I would be officially the crazy cat lady. It was pretty funny (we worked in statistics at the time). When he sent this, I had kittens from a ferral cat that I took home from work. She was pregnant when I took her home and I had her fixed when she finished feeding her kittens. I let her out after 9 days and never saw her again. This is how I now have the blue point. She was the cutest, fuzziest kitten!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Love that story, Heather - I'm a sucker for strays, too. I actually don't have any wandering around at this time, but all three of mine are rescues. Do you have any pictures of your pot kitty?

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

i have a colony of about 15....plus 2 in the house...one indoor/outdoor...we didn't have a cat at all when we moved to our house....somewhere on the house there is a sign (we cant find it to take down)...anyway, there is a sign posted that sez cat suckers live here....(grin)

S&S, it isn't a sign, it's a tattoo on your forehead - I know, I have one too, except it can be read by any 4 legged animal..

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pagan...ohhhh that is what it sez on my forehead...i thought it was a butterfly(grin)

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Odd, I have always said cats have a way of marking a home like the hobos used to... It tells them the person that lives here will be kind to cats... Plus, I plant catnip...

Thumbnail by podster
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

ahhhh, now that is a CUTE CUTE picture:)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

dont you wish you had a cats life? laying around and yawning getting up only to move if the sun "spot" moves?? Maybe lookinh interested once in a while at atoy or something. We have two spoiled cats at our house. Oh well we love them any way:) oh to have a cats life

Yep and in the next life, I want to come back as a cat at my house!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

garden lady...no i don't wish i were a cat....; my cats are constantly nagging nagging nagging me for stuff....cause they are rotten

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I think spoiled is a requirement for cats. I have six all spoiled.
This is Scrufmonkey .

Thumbnail by gardengus
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, spoiled is definitely a requirement......

Thumbnail by mgh
Gregory, MI

Hi All!
I'm usually a lurker 'round here. :) Mine are always spoiled - but I've noticed a disturbing trend in a growing fondness for boxes - I wonder, are they trying to tell me they aren't spoiled enough by readying themselves for shipment?

Thumbnail by wildgardengirl
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

too funny:)

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Some really funny and cute pictures!
Here is one of mine after tearing apart one of my co-op lily bags. Yes, that is the lily bulb too. I think wood shavings are another form of catnip!
toofew

Thumbnail by toofewanimals
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful kitties, every one, and wonderful stories to go along with - I've been enjoying them all.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

toofew, What a beautiful cat. what do they call that color?

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 10a)

I don't have a picture of her sleeping in a pot, although next time I see her sleeping in one, I'll take one. Here's one of her yesterday resting in the shade.

Thumbnail by hobby_heather
West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

Sorry to intrude, I lurk here sometimes cause I love cottage gardens.
Always happy to find pics of such pretty kitties!
We have 2...they are both very old........
this is Max.....he is the garden cop around here.....
Keeps things under control critter wise.

Thumbnail by shellabella
West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

This is Sheba, she is 17 now, just enjoys laying on a flat rock by the pond sunning herself these days.........she loves the flowers too.

Thumbnail by shellabella

How can I resist...

I think cats like "cattage" gardens almost as much as we do.

Sorry if we "catnapped" your thread Sticks.. : )) at least we are not being "catty"!

Thumbnail by podster
Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pod..you must be my long lost twin over in east texas....i have been looking for you.....(errrr talking to myself...errrr talking to my twin) nuts....yup i am ..

Boy do I feel sorry for you... : ))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.