My labels stayed on and are readable!

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone,
I am new at ws and I was quite thrilled that my labels stayed on through all the ice and snow of northern Michigan and you can read them.
I used grey furnace tape on the bottoms of the deli containers and sharpee marker.This is so much fun!
Thanks for all the inspiration :)

Sue

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Right! I kused masking tape and a sharpie and I can still read those labels :-) Mind you, I did keep the labels facing the shade.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome glamourpuss! Glad to hear that your labels stayed on, but do be carefull with Sharpies. They have been known to fade....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've had pretty good luck with the industrial sharpie markers (supposed to be more impervious to UV and heat), but I do also mark the bottom of the container and/or a vinyl label that I stick down into the potting mix (out of the sun). Paint pens have also had good reports as far as not fading -- and if you use black plastic pots for anything, the metallic paint pens or silver sharpie markers are easy to read.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I used paint pens and also put markers inside. no problems yet.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

O wise ones.....

:-(

xxx, Carrie

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Next year, Carrie!

Meanwhile, you'll have lots of wonderful surprises to plant out in your garden... and then to replant when the ones you thought would be great at the front of the border grow to 5 feet in height! ;-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I don't like it when that happens, Crit!

xxx, Carrie

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Carrie, when those plants get a little height to them they'll be easier to ID. Maybe you can borrow a fancy new camera from somebody and post a bunch in the plant ID forum?
I got one of those deco brand paint pens and cut up a bunch of mini-blinds, so far so good.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have a fairly decent camera, I just don't know how to use it. Lately, too, it hasn't been downloading - must be time to change the batteries again!!!

xxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.