Plant swap - carpools

Shenandoah Valley, VA

If you need a ride or can provide a ride, please let everyone know here.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I am looking for someone to carpool with from the general Baltimore area.

It would have to be a one day trip for me--no overnight. Please let me know. I have contacted 2 people from this area, but perhaps someone from PA is coming down Rt. #1 or even I-83. I could meet up with those people easily.

Please let me know! I have never been to a Plant Swap before and would love to go to this one.

Please D-mail me if you think we could carpool.

Thanks, Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bump - I sure hope we have someone who can offer Gita a ride.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart,

Thanks for caring for me! My ride has all been settled. i am going with Sallyg from Millersville. That is about a 45 minute drive from my house right off of I 97.

Thanks--Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bumping this for Chantell.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Anyone needing a ride from Woodbridge - Manassas area, please let me know!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey Critter, I can catch a ride with you right? Which way do you think you'll be leaving from Frederick? If you take Rt 340 you can just get me in Brunswick. You mentioned that Kim might come too, and I don't know where she lives in relation to us, so if it's more convenient to meet you in Frederick, that's fine for me too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I have to check the directions, but I think you may be right about going down 340, so we'll do whatever is easiest. I'm trying to convince my friend Theresa to come along also (their place is just over the river from Brunswick), but she's been spending her weekends keeping on top of the gardens at their place since her mom is recovering from rotator cuff surgery. I think Kim's plans are a little up in the air from one week to the next right now, but I know she's interested in coming.... we could end up with a carful!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

If you all take 340 down, you can pick up 340/522 at Double Tollgate south of Winchester and then just follow that road to just north of Front Royal and turn right onto 55.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Hart! I'm glad Miata is going with me... Bluekat can tell you... I need a good navigator! I do have a little GPS/map unit, and I've become very dependent on NavMan. :-)

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Critter, I am a prettty good navigator if I do say so myself. I'm glad I'm going too. Especially if Kim and Theresa can't make it. No fun driving all that way by yourself.

By the way, I'm flirting with the idea of going to Surreybrooke again tomorrow before my class to pick up some herbs. Interested?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

YES!

LOL, I keep meaning to head back out there, just to stroll around, but I haven't managed it. There's a thread in the herb forum that has me searching for a lemon verbena... :-)

I'll look for you around 4 on Thursday.

I'm glad you are willing to navigate for me! It's also good just to have a backup driver along, just in case the silly migraine thing acts up... I am sooo glad to have that mostly under control, but they've been giving me some grief this past week. But I seem to have shaken off the one I woke up with today, so I am going out to till the veggie bed!

Hart, sorry, I know this post got a little O/T. But it does have *some* carpool stuff amid the chatter, LOL.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Okay, see ya then. My fault thread is off track. But we might buy something to take cuttings from for the plant swap, so maybe I'm forgiven?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

:-) We'll have to report on available cuttings on the plant swap thread, LOL. Hmmm, need to check out their scented geraniums, especially since I haven't made it to DeBaggio's yet!

I think I'm currently in Hart's good graces anyway, since I managed to arrange a trade for the coral honeysuckle she wanted... which will be traveling down with us in our carpool.... hah! and you thought I couldn't bring this post back on topic. LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Rascal! LOL It was so sweet and thoughtful of you to go to all that trouble to get the honeysuckle, Critter.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

It was no trouble at all... she wanted the iris, I checked her trade list, and there it was! Hopefully it will travel here fine and be in good shape when I bring it down to you.

I checked the route on googlemaps, and you're right -- it's easy! A straight shot down on 340, then a jog over on 55 to bring us to Ft. Valley Rd. According to their directions, it'll take 1 hour 50 minutes to get there from my place, so I'll need to pick up Bobbie between 8:30 and 9. I don't yet know if we'll have a car full, but if there's an extra seat I'm quite willing to pick up anybody else along 340 who needs a ride...

Shenandoah Valley, VA

If it's quicker, 81 takes pretty much the same route. You can then either take 66 east south of Middletown for a couple of miles to the Front Royal exit or take the route 50 exit on the south end of Winchester and if you stay in the correct lane, it will take you right out onto 340/522. It's quicker staying on 81 and getting on 66, though.

BTW, for anyone coming down Route 11, you just take 55 east from Strasburg and from there you can turn right onto Fort Valley Road. It's almost exactly halfway from 55 west from north of Front Royal or 55 east from Strasburg to Fort Valley Road.

Coming from the south up 11 or 81, though, it's way shorter and faster to turn onto Edinburg Gap Road just north of Edinburg and take that across to Fort Valley Road.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think 340 will be quicker from Frederick, especially since I live on the south side of town... besides, I'll bet the drive down 340 will be nicer. If we get tired of 340, looks like we can jog over to 81 around Winchester. If anyone is coming from Hagerstown, 81 to 66 might be the way to go.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

If you do decide to get over to 81, Route 7 from just north of Berryville will be the quicker than taking 50 across to Winchester.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, thanks!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm going to be driving after all, so if anyone wants a ride, please let me know. I'll be leaving from Chevy Chase, MD, and don't mind going out of my way to pick you up. I'm planning to be there for the full 10:30-5, though I always run late. . . .

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Critter and Miata -- if you want me to swing by and pick you up, I'd be happy to.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

We could meet at my house in Brunswick then we can decide who wants to drive from there if ya'll want since we'll be picking up 340 there. Critter, so far as I know it's just you and me for sure, is that still right? That would be better for you Happy than going to Frederick first. My husband use to commute to Chevy Chase to go to work every day and use to pick up Rt 28 at Point of Rocks and then to River Rd. I think Critter plans to get a pretty early start Happy. She mentioned being at my house at 8:30 or 9:00.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy, you're a sweetie, but I'm still hoping we'll get another DGer or two from here to drive down with us. You don't need to be adding an extra half hour or more to your trip! (Although the 3 of us would have a blast doing a road trip together....)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about Brunswick maybe being closer to Chevy Chase... ;-)

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Probably just a little. It use to take my husband an hour to get to work there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.