Plant swap - what can you bring for lunch?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Since this thread sort of went off elsewhere LOL I started another thread for the lunch list here
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/716128/

This message was edited Apr 24, 2007 7:52 PM

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart!

You never answered my previous question of how far you are from Baltimore. It may determine whether I come to the Swap, or not. WHERE do you live????

Thanks, Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Yes I did, Gita. You must not have seen the post. I also posted a map that shows where I live. I'll see if I can find them.

I've only driven to Baltimore once, and that was actually north of Baltimore. Timonium maybe? It took about three hours but the route we were given was kind of ridiculous. We drove up through Martinsburg, Harpers Ferry, Frederick and then across Maryland.

I'm sure it would be a lot faster if you just drop down 95 and around the DC Beltway to 66. Maybe 2.5 hours? Or even across that road that goes across southern Maryland, I think it's 70, and cross over to Virginia at Point of Rocks near Leesburg.

I know when we go the 66 route to Roozens in Maryland it took about an hour and a half. Here's where Roozens is.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=8009+Allentown+Road&city=Fort+Washington&state=MD&zipcode=

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Here's the map that shows where I live.

This should give you all some idea of where you're coming to and what's close by. BTW, DON'T look at the map and assume because a town is close as the crow flies that it will be close by road. I'm surrounded by mountains. The closest town is actually Woodstock but it's actually farther away than Edinburg by road by about five miles. Bentonville looks close but there is no road there at all. Front Royal is quite a bit closer by road.

The red star marks roughly where I live. It's actually up the road by a couple of houses.

[HYPERLINK@www.mapquest.com]

If you zoom the map out a couple of notches, you can see where it is in relation to Frederick, Harrisonburg, Hagerstown, DC, Alexandria, even Richmond.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart,

While you were replying, I was reading your original post where you had the Mapquest Map. I copied it out. Sorry I did not check. I am so used now to the automatic "Watching this thread" that I had not clicked to "Watch this thread" where you posted all the information.

I am not sure i can come. I would love to! Asking for a weekend off when you work for HD is like pulling teeth--and I am PT!
How far are you from Martinsburg? My girl friend from here just moved there. She had a lovely house built.

IF I can come--I would definitely like to carpool.

Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Here's where I answered your question about how long it will take to get here, although it's pretty much what I wrote here.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/706350/

If you need more info, please feel free to dmail me.

Everyone, I started another post for listing what you can bring for lunch. Please use that one. I really need on thread with just the lunch info.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

It's just about exactly an hour to Martinsburg. That one I know because I drove back and forth there quite a bit when SO's father was in the veterans hospital.

Frederick is a lot closer to you than Martinsburg. I know we have people coming from Frederick.

I sure do hope you can come. Maybe you could stay the night with your friend in Martinsburg and make a whole weekend of it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.